Welcome

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you find your visit here inspirational and helpful.

Please contact me if you have any questions.

Before you go, I'd love you to leave a comment. They are -

v the icing on my cake!

v the bling on my card!

v the "Diet" in my "Coke"!

Martha

Friday, December 11, 2009

Peekin' At Some New Stampin'Up! products!


Today's card is for a dear friend of mine on her birthday (I won't say what number). She is one of those rare people that can make anyone and everyone feel genuinely welcomed, accepted, and appreciated. She is probably the closest person I have ever found to the woman described in Proverbs 31. I'm blessed to have her as a friend! Happy Birthday, Annette!

I wanted to show off some of the new products that are coming in the 2010 Occasions Catalog. I fell in love with this stamp, Fine Flourish. The image is about 2 1/2" square. Using my Stamp-a-ma-jig and Silver Encore ink, I easily lined it up three times to make the patterned piece. The sentiment is from the stamp set Oval All and seemed a perfect fit with Fine Flourish. HINT: The Silver Encore ink takes a while to dry. Try setting the ink with your Heat Tool to dry the ink.

The border at the bottom is one of the newly designed punches from Stampin'Up! called, Pinking Hearts Border. It's beautiful! You will love all the new punches and their new design!

The colors I used were Brushed Silver, Melon Mambo, and Basic Black.

This card is also for Splitcoast's Limited Supplies challenge. The challenge was it had to have a star and the only embellishment could be ribbon. I used 2 Star brads from the Styled Silver Hodgepodge Hardware kit.

Hope you enjoyed today's project. Thanks for stopping by. If you have any questions about the project or products please let me know. Comments are always welcome, I'd love to hear what you think of today's project!


God Bless,
Recipe:
Stamps: Fine Flourish (2010 Occasions catalog). Oval All (#113790)
Ink: Silver Encore (#101039)
Paper: Brushed Silver (#102935), Melon Mambo (#115320), Basic Black (#102851)
Misc: Styled Silver Hodgepodge Hardware (#111325), White Taffeta Ribbon (#109070), Large Oval punch (#107305), Scallop Oval punch (#114889), Pinking Hearts Border (2010 Occasions catalog), SNAIL (#104332), Sticky Strip (#104294)

6 comments:

Kris Kilcoyne said...

Gorgeous!

I love how you used the Fine Flourish stamp and the color combo is fantastic.

Have a great weekend, Martha.

Carla said...

I so agree with Kris... your card is gorgeous. Love those colors too. I can't wait to play with my new stuff!!! Hugs,

Mary Fish said...

I grabbed Fine Flourish, too. Kind of a mini Medallion? I'll bet it's going to be popular and your are smart to show it off in your lovely design. Neat how you used the Stamp-a-ma-jig to cover. Hugs, Mary

Anonymous said...

WOW - gorgeous. I was wondering where you got what I thought was gorgeous Designer Series Paper and why you didn't share with me! LOL
Beautiful, beautiful card.

Linda Callahan said...

Wow I thought that was new DSP as well! Beautiful background - also love the punch......it's going to be a long wait til Jan 5th!

snarflemarfle said...

Did you see that?

That was you easily talking me into the Fine Flourish stamp! Gotta have that one!!