Welcome

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you find your visit here inspirational and helpful.

Please contact me if you have any questions.

Before you go, I'd love you to leave a comment. They are -

v the icing on my cake!

v the bling on my card!

v the "Diet" in my "Coke"!

Martha

Sunday, December 13, 2009

Pushing the Envelope with Christmas Tags

I am trying my hand at a bit of avant garde stamping. One of my customers, Jean, introduced me to Tim Holtz, a stamping artist who pushes the boundaries with his creations. His work intrigued me so, I decided to try my hand at gift tags using his work as inspiration.

I'll admit my gift tags are pretty off the wall but, I had a great time creating them!
Each gift tag is a piece of Very Vanilla card stock cut at 2 3/4" x 4 1/4". I used the Corner Rounder punch on one and the new Scallop Trim Corner punch available in the new Occasions Mini catalog on the other.

The first tag is a combination of Garden Green, Old Olive, Not Quite Navy, and Ruby Red. I sponged the blue and green colors over the entire tag and then stamped snowflakes from the Christmas Punch stamp set in Not Quite Navy. The swirl is from the Hostess set Wings of Friendship which is stamped in Ruby Red. The tree and Santa stamp are from Patterned Pines and Christmas Punch stamped on Very Vanilla and glued to a piece of cardboard. I keep a lot of the packaging pieces from my Stampin'Up! products, ie cardboard, bags, etc. to use in my projects.

I added a Fire Circle brad to the tree, retired Season of Cheer rub-ons and Bold Bright eyelets.

My final touch was to stamp the entire tag with VersaMark and Itty Bitty Background, apply Heat and Stick powder with the Heat Tool and finish it with Dazzling Diamonds.

Tag number two is a combination of Ruby Red and Not Quite Navy sponged on, Soft Suede brayered over the entire tag, followed by Itty Bitty Backgrounds stamped in Stazon Black ink.

Santa, from Jolliest Time of the Year, is stamped on Vellum with StazOn ink. He's colored in with Ruby Red and a Blender Pen and then covered in a few areas with VersaMark and Dazzling Diamonds.

The snowflake and flowery swirl were done on Glossy White paper that had been inked with Garden Green and Not Quite Navy ink using the Brayer.

I once again used rub-ons from the retired Season Of Cheer set and tied the retired Alpine ribbon through a Jumbo Pewter eyelet.

Hope you enjoyed today's "avant garde" projects. Stop back tomorrow for some more! If you have any questions let me know and as always I love to hear what you think of the day's project.

God Bless,

3 comments:

Ann Schach said...

Wow! These are fantastic, Martha! I love how you used the corner punch, and I love your use of the large grommet!

Mary Fish said...

Great to get out of the box and experiment. Excellent results! Hugs, M

Patti MacLeith said...

Bravo for stepping out of the box and for coming up with a truly unique and interesting result! Love the layers of ink and the dimensions on a tag.