Welcome

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you find your visit here inspirational and helpful.

Please contact me if you have any questions.

Before you go, I'd love you to leave a comment. They are -

v the icing on my cake!

v the bling on my card!

v the "Diet" in my "Coke"!

Martha

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Wings of Friendship & Soft, Crushed Olives for PPA20




Today's card is for Pals Paper Arts challenge. The challenge is a color challenge using Soft Suede, Crushed Curry, and Old Olive. I'm calling this week's challenge "Soft, Crushed Olives"! Love those names. Make sure to check out the creations by the PPA design team. I think this week's challenge has some of the best cards yet!

My card uses the Hostess set, Wings of Friendship. I love the swirls in this set!

I stamped the bird image in three different colors; Soft Suede, Crushed Curry, and Old Olive onto Very Vanilla card stock and cut out parts of the image in different colors. Using my VersaMarker I drew over the areas I wanted embossed and embossed Irridescent Ice over them. I then adhered the embossed pieces over the Soft Suede image I had chosen as my card focus.

The sentiment is stamped with Soft Suede and punched out with the Designer Label punch. I then adhered it over a piece of Soft Suede card stock punched with the Curly Label punch.

The remaining embelishements include a piece of ribbon from the Holiday Mini Catalog Mistletoe collection and an Circle Ice Rhinestone brad.

All the pieces were adhered to the base panel of Crushed Curry Textured card stock and a piece from the Write Stuff Specialty paper. These colors are a beautiful combination and I know I'll be using them again!

There are a lot of new items on the horizon with the upcoming Occasions Mini catalog. All of my customers can expect to receive their copy before Christmas. If you are not one of my present customers and would like a copy please let me know and I'll get a copy in the mail to you.

God Bless,

Recipe:
Stamps: Wings of Friendship (#114308)
Ink: Soft Suede (#115657), Crushed Curry (#115659), Old Olive (#102277)
Paper: Very Vanilla (#101650), Crushed Curry (#115319), Soft Suede (#115657), Write Stuff Specialty paper (#115674)
Misc: Circle Ice Rhinestone Brads (#109111), Mistletoe Ribbon Originals (#116792), Designer Label punch (#107590), Curly Label punch (#112208), Corner Rounder punch (#109047), VersaMarker (#100901), Iridescent Ice (#101930), Heat Tool (#100005), Powder Pals (#102197), SNAIL (#104332), Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430)

11 comments:

Marsha Fisher said...

Beautiful card :-).

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card. Great use of the colors. TFS!

Patti MacLeith said...

Beautiful all the way around. Love the details and how you balanced all of the colors!

Linda Callahan said...

Very pretty - like the little bling on the swirls!

Mary Fish said...

Stunning how you paper pieced the wing and flowers. Hugs, M

Carla said...

This is beautiful!!! I plan on mounting my stamp set today, if I have time before work. *smile*

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful, Martha! I love the layout!

Lisa Salkeld said...

very nice!

Anonymous said...

Wow, very beautiful!!

Tina Shelton

Pals Paper Arts said...

Beautiful card - so glad you play @PPA!

Andrea said...

So beautiful.