Welcome

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you find your visit here inspirational and helpful.

Please contact me if you have any questions.

Before you go, I'd love you to leave a comment. They are -

v the icing on my cake!

v the bling on my card!

v the "Diet" in my "Coke"!

Martha

Sunday, November 29, 2009

Stampin'Up!s Sparkly & Bright & SC256


This card is for last Wednesday's Sketch challenge at Splitcoast Stampers. I chose not to cut a curved section opting instead to shape the snowflakes into a curve.

I chose Stampin'Up!s Sparkly & Bright stamp set. This is a great little stamp set. I love the cute little snowflake image and the sentiment in it. (oops, the snowflake is from Season of Friendship stamp set)

The snowflake is stamped on Bordering Blue card stock with Encore's Silver ink and Night of Navy Ink. The layers under neath are Night of Navy and Very Vanilla. The Encore Silver ink takes a while to dry. You can use your Heat Tool to speed the process up and set the ink.

The sentiment is also inked on Bordering Blue using Night of Navy ink. A Very Vanilla oval was punched out with the Large Oval punch and attached to the end of the sentiment piece. I trimmed the oval down after I attached it to the sentiment piece and layered it onto Night of Navy card stock.

The large snowflakes were punched using Very Vanilla and Bordering Blue card stock and the Jumbo Snowflake punch. I sponged the Metallic ink over the Very Vanilla card stock. Heat set the silver ink with your Heat Tool.

To give it some bling I added Square Ice brads.


Enjoy! See the recipe below for a supply list and if you need Stampin'Up! supplies to create your own cards just contact me. Remember to check out Stampin'Up!s Extravaganza sale going on. There are some great discounts. This sale ends today. You can order directly from me or on-line. Just remember to use the special codes when ordering on-line.

God Bless,

Recipe
Stamps: Sparkly & Bright, Season Of Friendship (#115346)
Ink: Night of Navy (#102977), Encore Silver ink (#101039)
Paper: Night of Navy Textured card stock (#108696), Bordering Blue (#102630), Very Vanilla (#101650)
Misc: Square Ice brads (#109113), Jumbo Snowflake punch (#116628), Large Oval punch (#107305), SNAIL(#104332), Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430)

9 comments:

Lolis said...

Love your card. The blue snowflakes look great!!

Anonymous said...

Adorable card. Love the snowflake swirl and the colors used. TFS!

patti moffett said...

Love the card and certainly fills the bill for the challenge.
but is the little snowflake from Sparkly and Bright. Looks different in my catalog
blessings
patti

Carla said...

Martha, I love your card... snowflakes and blue are my 2 favorite things and when combined are gorgeous!!! Hugs

Mary Fish said...

Lovely take on the sketch challenge. The blues and silver are so striking. Hugs, M

Patti MacLeith said...

Gorgeous Martha! Love those colors. (I even used them one Christmas!)

Linda Callahan said...

Very different layout - love the sparkle the blues and the design!

Ann Schach said...

Very pretty, Martha! I love the colors and your interpretation of the sketch.

Kris Kilcoyne said...

Beautiful in blue, Martha.

I especially love how the white snowflakes pop against the blue background.