Welcome

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you find your visit here inspirational and helpful.

Please contact me if you have any questions.

Before you go, I'd love you to leave a comment. They are -

v the icing on my cake!

v the bling on my card!

v the "Diet" in my "Coke"!

Martha

Friday, December 4, 2009

Stampin'Up!s Lovely As A Tree for Christmas

This card I cased from Cindy over at Stamps Paper & Ink. Of all my stamp sets, I think Lovely As A Tree has to be my favorite. There is just something about these trees. They lend themselves to so many uses, colors and techniques.

This technique is called Black Magic Technique. The basic steps are:
  • Stamp the image in white ink onto black card stock.
  • Color the image with colored pencils.
  • Outline the image with a white gel pen.
  • I added glitter to some of the branches.
Here is what I did:
  • I stamped the tree with Very Vanilla Craft ink onto Basic Black card stock and let it dry.
  • I took my Watercolor pencils and colored over the Very Vanilla branches and trunk using the greens and browns. I did this randomly and didn't color over the entire image.
  • I highlighted the branches with my White Uni-ball Signo Gel pen, outlining the curves of the branches.
  • Using the Two-Way Glue pen, I put thin lines of glue randomly along some of the branches and covered the glue with Fine Celery Cosmo Stampin' Glitter. I heat set it using my Heat Tool for a few seconds.
Though it may not show well in the picture, the tree sparkles!

See the recipe below if you would like to try the Black Magic Technique. If you need supplies, contact me or you can order on line at my Stampin'Up! Website. The Holiday Extravaganza is still going on, see the side bar for details and the 12 Days of Holiday Sales begins on December 11th. Can't wait to see what the first day brings!!

God Bless,


Recipe:
Stamps: Lovely As A Tree (#115026), Holiday Best Hostess set (115364)
Ink: Very Vanilla Craft (#104308). Bravo Burgundy (#105214)
Paper: Very Vanilla Textured card stock (#108693), Bravo Burgundy (#105123), Basic Black (#102851)
Misc: Fine Cosmo Celery Glitter (#108796), 1/4" Bravo Burgundy Grosgrain Ribbon (#109028), Linen Thread (#104199), Uni-ball Signo Gel Pen (#105021), Paper Snips (#103579), Paper-Piercing Tool (#116631), Mat Pack (#105826), 2-Way Glue Pen (#100425), SNAIL (#104332), Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow that is so pretty! Love how the tree stands out against the dark cardstock. TFS!

Linda Callahan said...

What a pretty effect on the black! Looks great!

Carla said...

This is beautiful Martha, I can't wait to try this. Hugs,

Ann Schach said...

Stunning, Martha! I will need to try this technique! TFS!

Mary Fish said...

Wonderful use of ink, gel pen and pencils to create wintery silhouette. Hugs, Mary

Jose said...

Gorgeous card, I have this set but usually use the 6 trees or the lovely oak, thank you for the description of how you made this lovely card