Welcome

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you find your visit here inspirational and helpful.

Please contact me if you have any questions.

Before you go, I'd love you to leave a comment. They are -

v the icing on my cake!

v the bling on my card!

v the "Diet" in my "Coke"!

Martha

Monday, November 9, 2009

Stampin'Up!s Jolliest Time of the Year at PPA15


I hope you enjoy this week's cards for the Pals Paper Art challenge. The challenge this week is a color challenge using Taken with Teal, Ruby Red, and Gray. I chose Stampin'Up!s Jolliest Time of the Year and the Holiday Lounge Designer Series paper for my cards.


The hardest part of the card was embossing it. I first embossed the Christmas tree balls with a Versamark Pen, Heat & Stick powder, and Fine Supernova Stampin' Glitter. Then, I embossed the garland around the tree and at the base of the tree with the Versamark Pen, Heat & Stick powder, and Iridescent Ice Stampin' Emboss powder. Embossing in layers or steps kept my colors from mixing. The picture doesn't do it justice but, I love the glitter on this little tree.

And of course all my trees have to have stars at their tops so, I pulled the little star stamp from the Patterened Pines Hostess set and embossed it in gold.

The drawings on these stamps are adorable. I look forward to using them often this Christmas.

God Bless,
Recipe:
Stamps: Jolliest Time of the Year, Patterned Pines
Ink: Sahara Sand, Ruby Red, Versamark
Paper: Taken with Teal, Gray, Ruby Red, Whisper White card stock, Holiday Lounge Designer Series paper
Misc: Heat & Stick powder, Stampin' Glitter, Iridescent Ice, Gold Emboss powder, Stampin' Dimensionals, Whisper White Taffeta ribbon.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have your card on my desk where I can keep looking at it. I looooove the color combination - it's just such a happy card! TFS!

Krystal De Leeuw said...

Super cute card! Love all the sparkle. Your bow is tied so perfectly! Great job on the challenge.

Lisa Salkeld said...

pretty!

Cards by Gina said...

I love Holiday Lounge and you did such a great job using it! Love how you stamped the card also. Really great!

Mary Fish said...

I'm so excited you played our color challenge. The cards are beautiful use of the DP and I love your sweet and sparkly tree! Hugs, Mary

Linda Callahan said...

This is adorable - you made these colors look great!

Ann Schach said...

Wonderful cards! Great design, and I love the colors!

Patti MacLeith said...

Martha this is a sparkly wonderland of a card!

Carla said...

Oh so beautiful Martha, you made using those colors look so easy... Hugs,

Kris Kilcoyne said...

Beautiful card, fantastic holiday colors. I love it.