Welcome

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you find your visit here inspirational and helpful.

Please contact me if you have any questions.

Before you go, I'd love you to leave a comment. They are -

v the icing on my cake!

v the bling on my card!

v the "Diet" in my "Coke"!

Martha

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Lovely As a Tree

Today's card combines the Splitcoast Stampers(SCS) Wednesday Sketch Challenge and Tuesdays SCS Color Challenge - Neutral with a Pop! These two challenges worked perfectly together.

I chose the always and forever popular Lovely As a Tree stamp set. For my Neutral with a Pop! colors I chose Very Vanilla, Kraft, & Old Olive. The patterned paper is from the Merry Moments Designer Series.

Instructions:
  • The card base is a standard 5 1/2"x 8 1/2" piece of Very Vanilla card stock scored at 4 1/4".
  • The tree is stamped on a 3 1/4"X 4 1/2" piece of Very Vanilla card stock and layered on top of a 3 3/8"x 4 5/8" piece of Kraft card stock. I used the Stamp-a-ma-Jig to center the tree. I use the Stamp-a-ma-jig for most of my cards ~ an easy and indispensable tool.
  • Using the Mat Pack and the Paper Piercing Tool I pierced opposite corners.
  • The cross panel is a 2 1/4"x 4 1/4" piece of Kraft card stock with a 2 1/8"x 4 1/4" piece of Merry Moments Designer Series paper.
  • After securing the cross panel, I added the stamped image on top using Stampin' Dimensionals.
  • The triangles were created using the 1 3/8" Square punch to punch a square of Merry Moments paper out and layered on top of a 1 1/2" square of Kraft paper. I then cut down the center of the square from point to point and attached the triangles to either sides using Sticky Strip.
  • Sentiment to be determined later.
If you would like to create your own cards using these materials, see the recipe below. If you need supplies or project ideas, I'd love to help. Contact me or you can order on line at my Stampin'Up! website.

God Bless,

Recipe:
Stamps: Lovely As a Tree (#115026)
Ink: Old Olive (#102277)
Paper: Very Vanilla (#101650), Kraft(#102125), Merry Moments Designer Series paper (#115672)
Misc: 1 3/8" Square punch (#103375), Paper Piercing Tool (#116631), Mat Pack (#105826), Dotto (#103305), Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430), Sticky Strip (#104294)

10 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Simple and pretty - love it!

Mickey Tait said...

Very nice. I love the way the triangles appear to wrap around the card.

Carey said...

WOW. I just love the simple and elegant look of this card. It is my kind of look. TFS and for the inspiration.

Carey
aka Roscoe's mommy

Mary Fish said...

I have been staring at that SCS sketch not knowing where to start. You hit the nail on the head. Beautiful use of ink and paper! Hugs, M

Carla said...

Such a clean, beautiful and elegant card. I so love it. Hugs,

Ann Schach said...

Gorgeous! I love what you did with the layout! Just perfect!

Cards by Gina said...

What a beautiful card! I love the triangles! This card is so serene and lovely!

Kim said...

Gorgeous card Martha! This set has been on my wish list for years (somehow always gets bumped), but it has finally been ordered and I will definitely be CASING this beauty!!

Patti MacLeith said...

ooh and ahhh, love the sketch! You nailed it!

Kris Kilcoyne said...

Love the clean and simple look.

I love that single tree as your focal point.