Welcome

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you find your visit here inspirational and helpful.

Please contact me if you have any questions.

Before you go, I'd love you to leave a comment. They are -

v the icing on my cake!

v the bling on my card!

v the "Diet" in my "Coke"!

Martha

Thursday, October 22, 2009

PPA ~ Thankful Garland

I am so excited about this week's Pal's Paper Arts Challenge. First, I'm the "Featured Artist" this week and second I got to create this garland I've been itching to make. This is the project for my October class which had to be rescheduled for early November.


I know I will use this garland for many years to come to decorate my home. The end pieces highlight my children; girls on the left and boys on the right. And each piece in between spells out THANKFUL. I used Autumn Traditions Designer Series paper in designing each panel and pulled in coordinating colors to accent each one. The colors I used were Ruby Red, More Mustard, Always Artichoke, Elegant Eggplant, and Soft Suede.

Each panel is 4 1/2" X 5 1/4" and folds up into a neat little book when I'm ready to put it away.

As always this project has a lot of possibilities. I think my favorite part of it is personalizing it with family pictures. It definitely is a keepsake to treasure.

Please see the recipe below if you would like to create your own Thankful garland. If you would like to attend the class make sure you are on my Newsletter mailing list. And, if you have any questions, contact me!


God Bless,

Reciep:
Paper: Autumn Traditions DSP, Almost Artichoke, More Mustard, Ruby Red, Elegant Eggplant, and Soft Suede Textured Card Stock
Misc: Biz Z Die Serif Essentials Alphabet (#113464), Jumob Eyelets (#108432), Top Note Die (#113463), 1/2" Soft Suede Polka-Dot Grosgrain Ribbon (#115612), Buttons #5 Sizzlits Die (#113440), Photo Corners (#109042), 1/4" Elegant Eggplant Grosgrain Ribbon (#109039), Corner Rounder punch (#109047), Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430), SNAIL (#104332), Paper Piercing Tool (#116631), Eyelet Border (#113692), Retired Chocolate Chip ribbon

13 comments:

Stampin' Diva said...

Love the garland. I can just see it over a fireplace.

LeAnne said...

Very nice, Martha! I love what you've done here!

Ann Schach said...

Neat project, Martha! Very creative!

Regina Mangum said...

This is such a great idea! I love it and it is so sweet. I'll have to make one for my mom. XO

Jill Gregory said...

Martha, I love your great project! Your hardwork paid off! Congratulations!

Linda Callahan said...

Each section is a work in itself - very pretty. I love that you added pictures of your kiddos - you have a beautiful family!

Melissa said...

This is one of your best projects yet! I love it! Lucky woman - talent and a beautiful family!

Tiffany said...

This is lovely Martha! What a great table decoration and keepsake all in one. Love it!!!

lisa808 said...

Congrats on being 'featured artist.' Beautiful decoration.

Cards by Gina said...

This is stunning, Martha! What a beautiful decoration to put up for the holidays...and any time!

Carla said...

What a wonderful keepsake... your garland is beautiful. Love those details. Hugs,

Anonymous said...

Congrats on being the featured artist - Mary has good taste :)
The garland is beautiful and I love the pics of the kids. What a great idea, TFS.

Mary Fish said...

Beautiful project. One charming "page" after another in your sweet book. Hugs, Mary