Welcome

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you find your visit here inspirational and helpful.

Please contact me if you have any questions.

Before you go, I'd love you to leave a comment. They are -

v the icing on my cake!

v the bling on my card!

v the "Diet" in my "Coke"!

Martha

Monday, October 26, 2009

Lovely As A Tree Meets Robert Frost for Mojo Monday


It seems like weeks since I've done a sketch challenge so I was excited to see what the MojoMonday sketch was today. It was a challenging one with a lot of layers. I chose to use Stampin'Up!s Lovely As a Tree stamp set. I stayed with Earth Element colors combining Close to Cocoa, More Mustard, Ruby Red, & Old Olive. I also mixed my papers between textured and plain card stock and Vellum. I love the look of Vellum! To create the fall tree colors, I inked the tree in Old Olive ink and then "thumped" the image with Ruby Red and More Mustard Stampin' Write markers. By thumping, I mean just that; thump the marker on the rubber image ~ that's it!

I included part of a poem by Robert Frost, Tree At My Window, on the card which I printed out on the computer onto More Mustard card stock.

There are some things I think I would change but, all in all I like the way it turned out.

This week starts the last Deal of the Week. Pirate and Princess party kits are on sale this week! YoHo!! See my Stampin'Up! website for details.

Also, if you are in need of ideas for the Holidays check out the Wrapping 101 projects in the right side bar. The Wrapping 101 PDF is now available for $15 and includes 25 projects, over 50 pictures and all the instructions you need to complete all 25 projects!


God Bless,

Recipe
Stamps:
Lovely As A Tree (#115026), Teeny Tiny Wishes (#115370)
Ink: Old Olive (#102227), Ruby Red Stampin' Write marker (#100075), More Mustard Stampin' Write Marker (#100076)
Paper: Very Vanilla (101650), Close to Cocoa, More Mustard, and Ruby Red Textured Card stock (#108697), Vellum(#101856), Autumn Traditions Designer Series paper (#115668)
Misc: 3/16" Corner Rounder punch (#109047), Circle Scissor Plus (#112530), Glue Dots(#103683), Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430), Dotto (#103305)

7 comments:

Patti MacLeith said...

Martha, I like this entire card, especially the color combo!

Carole'Anne AKA Stampin Stressaway said...

This is a really unique way that you designed this card with Lovely as a tree!
Job well done.
I really really love it
thanks for sharing

Debbie said...

It is beautiful!!! Love this set and love what you did with it.

Beth said...

What a gorgeous and unique take on this sketch! This is one of my all-time favorite sets - I can totally see why!! Beautifully done!

Marylin38 said...

What a lovely and interesting card. I have always LOVED 'Lovely as a Tree"

TesaB said...

Beautiful! Fantasic use of those wonderful stamps, great idea with the sentiment on the panel!

Anonymous said...

Lovely card, neat blog, came here from the Mojo Monday site, when I saw your name, my curiousity was peaked!! Thanks for sharing your work! :) Kim H.