Welcome

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you find your visit here inspirational and helpful.

Please contact me if you have any questions.

Before you go, I'd love you to leave a comment. They are -

v the icing on my cake!

v the bling on my card!

v the "Diet" in my "Coke"!

Martha

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Happy Birthday Margaret! ~ Stampin'Up! Serene Snowflake

My middle sister, Margaret, has a birthday on Halloween! She is an "out-of-the-box person"; she loves pink flamingos which adorn her yard in Virginia, even during Christmas. She has two massive black Newfoundlands which also adorn her yard all year round. She just completed her first half marathon and a 10K raising money for the Leukemia and Lymphoma society. She would give you the shirt off her back if you needed it and would offer it even if you didn't. She inspires me to not take my self too seriously and enjoy life!
Happy Birthday, Margaret!!

In honor of her birthday, I came up with an "out-of-the-box" birthday card. I took two challenges as my card inspiration; this week's SCS color challenge of "crafty, black melons" and this week's SCS sketch challenge.

I chose Stampin'Up!'s unusual Night & Day Specialty paper, Serene Snowflakes stamp set, and Melon Mambo Textured card stock to create the card, layering each piece on Basic Black card stock with just a slice of Kraft card stock peeking over one section.

The snowflake I colored with a Pink Passion Stampin' Write marker, sponged Basic Gray ink along the edges and topped it off with 2 black brads from the Vintage Brads set. It is an "out-of-the-box" card and I like it!!

The beautiful paper and stamp set are available through the Holiday Mini Catalog. If you need a copy, contact me and I will stick one in the mail for you. If you would like to order supplies to create your own "out-of-the-box" cards you can order on line at my Stampin'Up! website or contact me.


God Bless,

Recipe:
Stamps: Serene Snowflakes (#115438)
Ink: Stazon Black ink (#101406), Pink Passion Stampin' Write Marker (#100053)
Paper: Night & Day Specialty Designer Series Paper (#116768), Melon Mambo Textured card stock (#115719), Basic Black card stock (#102851), Kraft card stock (#102125), Very Vanilla (#101650)
Misc: Vintage brads (#109109), Dotto (#103305), Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430)

11 comments:

Kris Kilcoyne said...

Love this card!

What a way to show off the versatility of the snowflake.

Happy Birthday wishes to your sister.

Sheila Bennett said...

Wow - very striking card, it's beautiful.

Linda Callahan said...

Pink and black are wonderful together - this is great!

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful card, Martha! I love the Melon Mambo with the Black and White! Super!

Melissa said...

Awesome card! I love the color combo!

Mickey Tait said...

I love these colors together! You should also post this card on this week's "In the Pink" Challenge over at Pals Paper Arts:
http://www.palspaperarts.com/

Thanks for sharing!

Cards by Gina said...

Beautiful card, Martha! Love the colors so much! Happy Birthday to your sister.

Anonymous said...

Great card! Love the colors, papers and layout used. Very different and gorgeous! TFS!
(Happy Bday to yur sis, too!)

Mary Fish said...

Can pink be handsome? That's what I think of when I see your crisp collection of paper and the snowflakes. Hugs, Mary

Carla said...

Martha, I so love your card... those 3 panels really make the image pop. The colors are terrific. Hugs,

MamaMasseyWVU said...

I just waned to let everyone know. This card is beautiful in pictures but in person it is AMAZING! Maggie is my Mother-in-Law and she showed me this card the other day. I was completely awestruck!!! Martha is so creative and makes me wish I had half of the imagination she does!