Welcome

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you find your visit here inspirational and helpful.

Please contact me if you have any questions.

Before you go, I'd love you to leave a comment. They are -

v the icing on my cake!

v the bling on my card!

v the "Diet" in my "Coke"!

Martha

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Turkey Placecard Instructions


Place cards from 2008
Someone had asked for the instructions to the turkey place cards I created last November. The idea for the turkey is from the October 2008 Stampin' Success magazine. This magazine is one of the perks you receive as a Stampin'Up! demonstrator.
From top to bottom:
  1. 2 ~ Scallop Circle punches (I used DSP this year because it is thinner and easier to work with)
  2. 1 ~ 1 3/8" Circle punch in Chocolate Chip for the body(The picture shows the 1 3/4" circle but I like the smaller circle better)
  3. 2 ~ So Saffron Boho Blossom punches for the feet
  4. 1 ~ So Saffron 3/4" Circle punch for the head
  5. 1 ~ Black or White square for the hat (male turkey got a black hat and the female turkey got a white bonnet). Hats are cut out with paper snips.
  6. 1 ~ orange tip from the 5 Petal punch for the beak
  7. 2 ~ orange 1/4" circle punches for buttons (I'm not sure why turkeys have buttons but these did and it looks good)
  8. 2 ~ Black Double Circle punches for eyes (I used a Black Stampin' Write marker to make my eyes)
Cut 5 scallops off each Scallop Circle punch.
Fold the Scallop Circle in half and then unfold to leave a line down the middle. Fold each side to the middle line.


The place card is a 4 1/2" x 5" piece of Old Olive cardstock scored at 2 1/2" along the long side.
A 4 1/4" x 2 1/4" piece of Very Vanilla card stock is stamped with Happy Thanksgiving and attached to the place card.

Attach your turkey feathers to the place card and then attach the other body parts to the feathers. Voila, you have Tom and Teresa Turkey!!

This was a definite punch project. If you don't have all these punches, try creating it with what you have. For example, a Scallop Square punch might work just as well as the Scallop Circle punch with a little adjustment.

Contact me if you have any questions.

God Bless,


6 comments:

Ann Schach said...

Super cute, Martha! I had never seen them before!

lisa808 said...

How cute are those turkeys?!?!?

Mickey said...

Very cute. Love the turkeys!

Anonymous said...

So very cute!! I can't wait to try making one.

Carla said...

I love your turkeys... I'm collecting every punch pal recipe I find. I don't know why, I just love them. Hugs,

Unknown said...

Catherine Lane
I loved the "Turkeys". Can hardly wait to do one.