Welcome

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you find your visit here inspirational and helpful.

Please contact me if you have any questions.

Before you go, I'd love you to leave a comment. They are -

v the icing on my cake!

v the bling on my card!

v the "Diet" in my "Coke"!

Martha

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Stampin'Up!s Autumn Harvest for PPA #9

The Pals Paper Arts Challenge today was an inspiration challenge using the picture below. I love the different textures in this Pottery Barn picture and I really love all the Earth Element colors I see in it. I chose the colors as my inspiration element and created this card for my up-coming Holiday Open House using the Autumn Harvest stamp set.


The images were stamped on Natural White card stock using Stazon Black ink. I didn't worry about overlapping the pumpkins. Instead I stamped a second large pumpkin, cut it out, and popped it on top. It covers up all the overlapping.

Using the Aqua Painter and drops of Old Olive and Pumpkin Pie ink, I water colored the images. I was surprised how well the Natural White card stock worked; it took a lot of water without rippling the paper.

If you are attending my Open House this Sunday, you will see this card again as we try our hand at water coloring. This is one of the cards we will be making. If you live around the Melbourne area and would like to attend the Holiday Open House, contact me, there are still two spots available.
To recreate this card see the recipe below and check back tomorrow for more Wrapping 101!


God Bless,

Recipe:
Stamps: Autumn Harvest (#110372), Holiday Best (#115364)
Ink: Pumpkin Pie ink refill (#105229), Old Olive ink refill (#100531), Stazon Black (#101406)
Paper: Old Olive (#100702), Pumpkin Pie (#105117), Naturals White (#102316)
Misc: Hemp Twine (#100982), 3/16" Corner Rounder (#109047), Aqua Painter (#103954), Paper Snips (#103579), Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430), Dotto (#103305)

17 comments:

Kris Kilcoyne said...

I wish I could come to your open house! This is a GREAT card ...

Good luck Sunday and we'll look forward to hearing how well it went.

Jacqueline (Scraps of Life) said...

Beautiful card as always, Martha! Great job with the challenge! Love it!

Renees Stampin Corner said...

I love your blog/site. I love your cards and projects. They are beautiful. I added you to my fav's

Renee

Linda Callahan said...

Very pretty - a wonderful interpretation of the picture! Have a great open house!

Ann Schach said...

Good luck with your open house, Martha! This is a great fall card, and a perfect take on the inspiration sketch! Love it!

Cathy at Paper Garden Projects said...

A very lovely card - and your treat holder projects are wonderful (I love making treat holders). TFS.

Mike said...

Martha - that card is gorgeous. You certainly have the watercolor technique down to a science and I think I can call you the masking master!
Beautiful job!
Mike

JillG said...

Really nice Thanksgiving card! Love the Fall color combo!

Anonymous said...

I saw on SCS you are doing 101 candy wrappers. Can't wait to see what you come up with! Great idea!
Happy Creating!
Peggy-Sue

lisa808 said...

Beautiful watercoloring. Lovely card.

Cards by Gina said...

Love this card and the watercoloring is superb! As always, beautiful cardmaking!

Mary Fish said...

You have such a nice sense of balance. Wonderful job on the challenge. Love your layered pumpkin and tip to avoid blocking :)

Kim said...

Beautiful card Martha, gorgeous watercoloring! Perfect interpretation of the photo!

BJ said...

Your card is so awsome! Love your work.

Lisa said...

You always have such beautiful cards on your blog. Love the watercoloring!

Margaret Moody said...

Beautiful card, Martha! Love your colors and the wonderful pumpkins! Great job with the Inspiration Challenge!

Carla said...

Your card is beautiful Martha... wow. I absolutely love it. Hugs,