Welcome

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you find your visit here inspirational and helpful.

Please contact me if you have any questions.

Before you go, I'd love you to leave a comment. They are -

v the icing on my cake!

v the bling on my card!

v the "Diet" in my "Coke"!

Martha

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Stampin'Up! A Flower For All Seasons: Pals Paper Arts Challenge #8


This week's challenge at Pals Paper Arts is KISS ~ Keep It Simple, Sweetie! The guidelines are
  1. A simple design
  2. Minimum time to create
  3. Limited layers and embelishments
  4. Clean with lots of "white" space, mine is clean with lots of "blue" space
I love Stampin'Up!s textured card stock and felt this challenge was the perfect place to use it. I used A Flower For All Season as my focal point and surrounded it with a circular window. The window was super easy to create. 2 ~ 2 3/4" squares of coordinating paper one with a Scallop circle punched out of the middle and the second with a 1 1/4" circle punched out (I cut the second square down a bit so it wouldn't show). The depth is created with Stampin' Dimensionals. I used Chit Chat rub ons, which I love, and didn't stamp a thing!

I love the Pawsitively Prints Designer Series Paper available in the Holdiay Mini which is what I used for the inside window border. The coordinating colors I chose were Brilliant Blue, Certainly Celery, Pretty in Pink and Barely Banana. These colors have a really fresh, crisp look to them.

Now it's your turn to try your hand at a KISS card. For inspiration check out all the Pals Paper Arts samples this week. If you need any help contact me and I'd be happy to walk you through the challenge process. And, if you would like to create your own KISS cards using these products, see the recipe below.

Stop back daily to see what is going on with "Wrapping 101". Need some holiday treat ideas? Stay tuned to Wrapping 101!

God Bless,

Recipe:
Stamps: A Flower For All Seasons (#111592)
Ink: Brilliant Blue (#100057), Bashful Blue (#105111), Pretty in Pink (#100045), Barely Banana (#100039), Basic Black (#100082) Stampin' Write Markers; Stazon Black
Paper: Brilliant Blue (#108698) and Certainly Celery (#108695) Textured Card stock, Pawsitively Prints Designer Series paper (#118060), Whisper White (#100730)
Misc: Chit Chat rub ons (#111804), Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430), Dotto (#103305)

7 comments:

Tiffany said...

How sweet Martha! The scallop window is aborable. Great job with the challenge!!!

Have a wonderful day!

Ann Schach said...

Great job, Martha! I love the "window" and the colors!

Kris Kilcoyne said...

This is adorable.

I am loving the bright blue and green together too.

You really rocked the K.I.S.S challenge.

Kim said...

I had specifically bought this stamp set for that cute little frog :) I love how you created the window around the image. Perfect KISS card!

Linda Callahan said...

Love the window effect - and the textured paper - very cute!

Margaret Moody said...

This is so fresh and cute, Martha! I love the colors! I really like the floral scalloped circle! So clever! Great focal point for your stamp! Super job with the KISS Challenge!

Carla said...

I love that floral scalloped circle too... adorable card. Hugs,