Welcome

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you find your visit here inspirational and helpful.

Please contact me if you have any questions.

Before you go, I'd love you to leave a comment. They are -

v the icing on my cake!

v the bling on my card!

v the "Diet" in my "Coke"!

Martha

Friday, September 11, 2009

Stampin'Up! Autumn Harvest

Here is my take on Pals Paper Arts Challenge 7. This was a great sketch layout and one I can see myself using again. When I do a sketch challenge I always copy the sketch to my computer and sometimes print it out. Since I've started participating in challenges I've accumulated a number of sketches which I can go back and look at when creating a card. I keep all my sketches in a seperate folder on my computer but, if you like to have the sketch in hand you could also create a sketch binder to put all your sketches in. Having a collection of sketches makes card creation a lot easier than trying to create it all!

For this challengee I used the Autumn Harvest stamp set which I just purchased. It's not a new set but one of those timeless ones. The designs in the set look as though someone sketched them. I really like the look. The leaves were stamped using Black Stazon and colored using Blender Pens and ink. They were cut out and placed over the same leaf image stamped on the corresponding colored circle. The ric rac was created using Very Vanilla and the scallop edge punch.

The colors I combined were Very Vanilla, Always Artichoke, Ruby Red, & More Mustard. The Designer paper I used was Write Stuff Specialty paper. This Specialty paper is awesome!

With fall and the Holidays coming this is a great set to own. If you would like to put together your own card kit to create this card see the reciepe below.

The new Holiday Mini catalog arrived September 1st. Click on the link on the right side to view it on-line or if you would like your own copy, contact me and I'll put one in the mail.

God Bless,

Recipe:
Stamps: Autumn Harvest (#110372), Teeny Tiny Wishes (#115370)
Ink: Always Artichoke (#105219), Ruby Red (#102259), More Mustard (#103162), Stazon Black (#101406)
Paper: Very Vanilla (#101650), Ruby Red (#102030), More Mustard (#100946), Always Artichoke (#105119), The Write Stuff Specialty Paper (#115674).
Misc: 1 3/8" Circle punch (#104401), 1 1/4" Circle Punch (#104403), Scallop Edge (#112091), 1/4" Grosgrain ribbon - Always Artichoke (#109035), Word Window punch (#$105090), Paper Snips (#103579), Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430), Sticky Strip (#104294), Dotto (#103305)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great card! Love the leaves - they are so pretty!

Ann Schach said...

I love how you snipped out the leaves, Martha! Plus, the ric-rac is just the perfect touch! Perfect paper choice. Once again, you have rocked the challenge!

Margaret Moody said...

This is beautiful, Martha! I love the colors you used and love the leaves, too! Great job with the sketch!

Cards by Gina said...

Beautiful card, Martha! Great job with the sketch! And I love your post. I agree that it's a terrific idea to save the sketches either on your computer or in a binder to go back to when needed.

Melissa said...

This is one of my favs by you!

Patti MacLeith said...

The colors are stunning! I love how you colored the leaves.

Linda Callahan said...

Really like the raised leaf effect - very pretty!