Welcome

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you find your visit here inspirational and helpful.

Please contact me if you have any questions.

Before you go, I'd love you to leave a comment. They are -

v the icing on my cake!

v the bling on my card!

v the "Diet" in my "Coke"!

Martha

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Simply Seasonal Thanks

I know I'm way ahead of Christmas but I couldn't resist making this card! I saw this on Splitcoast by a demonstrator named Kelly Spivey. Her splitcoast name is "kspiv" and she has some wonderful projects in her gallery. Thanks Kelly!

Sometimes I think I don't have a creative bone in my body. I've decided I'm more of a "Creative Copier". But I'm thrilled to bring you some great re-creations and an occasional Martha Stewart original.

On to this cute card. The stamp is from the new Holiday Mini catalog called Simple Seasonal Thanks. As you can see below it has wording in the middle but, I cut this out saving it in case I wanted to use it as designed.
I stamped the hat and scarf using Stazon Black ink onto piece of the Merry Moments DSP. I colored the polka dots with Ruby Red and Garden Green Stampin' Write Markers.
The Bashful Blue background is stamped with the snowflakes from the Hostess Set Christmas Punch. I love this set! I stamp it with VersaMark and embossed it with Stampin' Emboss Iridescent Ice powder. I took pieces of Whisper White card stock and covered the edges with VersaMark and Iridescent Ice. The sign is made using Teeny Tiny Wishes and the Word Window punch. To finish him off, I added two black brads as buttons. I love him!!

See the recipe below for the supplies you will need to re-create this project. Contact me if you would like to place an order or order on-line at my Stampin'Up! website.

God Bless,

Recipe:
Stamps: Simple Seasonal Thanks (#111548), Teeny Tiny Wishes (#115370)
Ink: Ruby Red (#102259), Versa Mark (#102283), Black Stazon (#101406)
Paper: Going Gray (#108588), Basic Gray (#108588), Bashfull Blue (#105120), Whisper White (#100730), Merry Moments (#11566;8)
Misc: Word Window punch (#105090), Heat Tool (#100005), Powder Pals (#102197), Iridescent Ice Emboss powder (#101930), Black Brads (#109109), Dotto (#103305), Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430)



9 comments:

Melissa said...

I had never thought about customizing my stamps!

I esp love this card. My fav part is the cute sign you made. You really think out of the box!

Ann Schach said...

This is awesome! I love all of the embossing with the "Ice". I would never have thought about cutting out the middle of my stamp. Great idea!

Carla said...

Alright, Now I'll buy that stamp... I love that idea. Love the colors, embossing, sign... everything. Your card is terrific. Hugs,

Gina Shaw said...

Love this card and your very clever use of the stamp! Sooo smart!

Kris Kilcoyne said...

Cute, cute, cute!

This is the exact reason I bought this stamp. I can't wait to ink mine up.

Thanks for showing us how you cut out the center.

Patti MacLeith said...

Your Santa is soo cute! Love the printed hat and scarf and how you cut out the words!

Stampin' Diva said...

That has to be cutest thing I have seen. It's great and what a unique way to use the stamp.

Anonymous said...

So SO cute - love the whole card, but especially the paper piecing on his hat and scarf. Adorable!

Tina said...

I would never had bought this stamp because of the writing and now!!! Love it. I am subscribing to your blog ! I have a 2 day craft fair coming up which i though was only one day now I really need to get things done!! Great Job Martha.