Welcome

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you find your visit here inspirational and helpful.

Please contact me if you have any questions.

Before you go, I'd love you to leave a comment. They are -

v the icing on my cake!

v the bling on my card!

v the "Diet" in my "Coke"!

Martha

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Stampin'Up! Nature's Nest:: Hope Turtle

I had to have this stamp set, Nature's Nest, when the new Stampin'Up! Idea Book & Catalog came out. I love the turtle! My friend Adriana said, "you mean the one with the scarey eye?!" Well look here, Adriana, isn't he cute?? I'm likin' him!

Today's card was created using Dry Wall tape and a Brayer. Why would I do this you might be asking. Well, it was the technique challenge from yesterday at Splitcoast Stampers. The entire directions can be found on Splitcoast; but the jist is to wrap dry wall tape around your Brayer and ink your background paper. I found some old dry wall tape we had which had lost its adhesive backing. After a number of messes I took the tape off my brayer and laid it on the paper and then brayered over it with my ink. I think the phrase goes "There are 2 ways to skin a cat". If your tape sticks to the brayer it is definitely the way to go. I love how the background truned out and will use it again with newer tape.

The colors I combined were Chocolate Chip, Almost Navy, Kiwi Kiss, and Very Vanilla. The sentiment is from Hope Happens and is punched out with the Large Oval punch mounted on 2 Not Quite Navy Large ovals. The button has a shred of Not Quite Navy card stock woven through it.

See the recipe below for the products I used. If you need anything to create your own projects contact me, I'd be happy to help or you can place an order on-line.

God Bless,


Recipe:

Stamps:
Nature's Nest (#113826), Hope Happens (#113722)


Ink:
Chocolate Chip (#100908), Not Quite Navy (#103008), Kiwi Kiss (retired)


Paper:
Chocolate Chip (#102128), Not Quite Navy (#101722), Very Vanilla (#101650)


Misc:
Earth Element brads (#106955), Large Oval punch (#107305), 3/16" Circle Rounder punch (#109047), Brayer (##102395), Dotto (#103305), Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430), Glue Dots (#103683), Button Bouquet (retired)


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like your card (even with the freaky turtle!) HA!

Melissa said...

I love that little turtle! Great colors and neato technique!

Kris Kilcoyne said...

Martha, I love what you've done here.

The details are fabulous. Love the textured background paper. Love that you paired this image with the sentiment "hope happens". Love the color combo.

An absolutely beautiful card.

Ann Schach said...

Martha, I love the dry wall technique that you used! This is a striking card! I always learn something new when I visit your site!

Carla said...

I agree with Ann!!! Very striking and I enjoy learning your techniques. Hugs,

Tiffany said...

What a neat technique Martha! Your card is beautiful!!!

Rel Squire (NZL) said...

Another super card. Turtles are a favourite of mine, I wish we could get that stamp set in NZ I would definetly get it. Have never heard of the technique you have done, but is certainly so effective and the card is really cool.