Welcome

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you find your visit here inspirational and helpful.

Please contact me if you have any questions.

Before you go, I'd love you to leave a comment. They are -

v the icing on my cake!

v the bling on my card!

v the "Diet" in my "Coke"!

Martha

Saturday, August 8, 2009

Stampin'Up! A Kind Word


This card reminds me of my middle sister, Margaret. I grew up in a family of three girls. Two of us were quite the Tom boys but Margaret was the girly girl of all of us. She loved to put on dresses and she had beautiful, curly, red hair. I can see my sister in a swing, under a tree, bare footed, at our home in Virginia. Great memories! This card will be making its way to my sister, Margaret!
She is taking on a marathon for Team in Training and has been struggling with blisters on her feet. I think this little girl will be the encouragement she needs!

The inspiration for the card came from the Saturday Our Creative Corner challenge.
I used A Kind Word stamp set and colored it using Stampin' Write markers and a Blender Pen. The Blender Pen gives a softer affect than the markers alone. At first I thought I may have over done the flowers but the Hemp twine threaded through the Flower Fusion flowers was a perfect addition for me.

If you would like to create your own card using A Kind Word stamp set and these supplies, see the recipe below. As always, I'm here as your on-line demonstrator, ready to assist you with any project. I'm just a click away!

God Bless,


Recipe:
Stamps: A Kind Word, One of a Kind

Ink: Elegant Eggplant; Barely Bannana, Summer Sun, Garden Green, Ruby Red, Pumpkin Pie, Really Rust Stampin' Write Markers

Paper: Summer Sun, Elegant Eggplant Whisper White card stock, Razzleberry Lemonade DSP

Misc: Hemp Twine, Flower Fusion, Earth Element brads, Corner Rounder punch, Oval punch, Scallop Oval punch, Stampin' Dimensionals, SNAIL



8 comments:

Patti MacLeith said...

What a sweet sister you are! The bare feet and carefree atittude of this stamped little girl should make your sister smile, and her blisters heal faster!

Liz Hughes said...

What a wonderfully sweet card! I love how you did the flowers on twine to reflect the flowers on the swing - very creative!

Jennifer Meyer said...

Hi Martha :) What an adorable blog you have and your card is SUPER cute! I LOVE your design and the twine holding the flowers.

Thanks for playing along with Our Creative Corner.

Hugs, Jennifer :)

Carla said...

Martha, this is super! I absolutely love the vine. Your sister will love your thoughtfulness. I buy stamps that make a memory fonder too.

Ann Schach said...

Oh so cute! I love the twine with the flowers! I hope that you make the OCC design team!

Melissa said...

Very creative with the twine and the flowers!

Anonymous said...

Love the twine and flowers and especially the heartfelt feelings that inspired your card. She's going to love it!

Gina Shaw said...

What a sweet sister you are! This should definitely cheer up your sister. I love the twine and flowers and the stamped image is beautiful! Great colors, too.