Welcome

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you find your visit here inspirational and helpful.

Please contact me if you have any questions.

Before you go, I'd love you to leave a comment. They are -

v the icing on my cake!

v the bling on my card!

v the "Diet" in my "Coke"!

Martha

Friday, August 7, 2009

Criss Cross Recipe Card


My eldest child is preparing to return to college in a couple of weeks. This year she will be in an apartment and pretty independent. She loves to cook and I wanted to make sure she had one of her favorite recipes from home, Turkey Tetrazzini. This is a recipe my family has eaten for three generations using leftovers from Thanksgiving and Christmas.

I saw a similar recipe card by Mary Fish using Beate Johns' tutorial Criss Cross Card. This is actually an easy card to make and would be great for recipes, invitations, or just a note.

My card used the stamp sets, From The Kitchen Of and Oval All. My color combination is Chocolate Chip, So Saffron, and Old Olive. And the Yum Scale for the recipe and card is a 5 star in my book.

HINT: The ribbons are attached using Sticky Strip. It not only holds the ribbon the best but also makes it easy to attach it straight. The knot is using a "faux knot" which I will post how to do next week. It's easy as pie!

If you would like to create your own cards and recipes using From The Kitchen Of see the "recipe" below. Contact me if you have any questions and if you would like to place an order I'm here as your on-line Stampin'Up! Demonstrator.

God Bless,


Recipe: Stamps: From The Kitchen Of (#114964), Oval All (#113790) Ink: Chocolate Chip (#100908), Old Olive (#102277) Paper: Tall Tales (#115678), Chocolate Chip (#1402128), Old Olive (#100702), Very Vanilla (#101650) Misc: 1 1/4" Circle punch (#104403), Scallop Oval punch (#114889), 1/4" Old Olive Grosgrain ribbon (#111368), So Saffron ribbon (Sale-a-bration), Sticky Strip (#104294), SNAIL (#104332)

5 comments:

Tiffany said...

Adorable pocket card for a recipe Martha! Way too fun!!!

Ann Schach said...

Truly a Martha project! You have a flair for showcasing the unique! I love the colors that you used in creating your pocket. I know that your daughter will cherish this!

Carla said...

Martha, I love this pocket card. You are terrific. I love to follow your blog to see what your doing next. Hugs,

Melissa said...

You take stampin' to a whole new level! Very cool!

Gina Shaw said...

What a great use of these stamps! Beautiful treatment on the card--love the design, paper and colors. And what a loving send-off for your daughter!