Welcome

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you find your visit here inspirational and helpful.

Please contact me if you have any questions.

Before you go, I'd love you to leave a comment. They are -

v the icing on my cake!

v the bling on my card!

v the "Diet" in my "Coke"!

Martha

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Pal Paper Arts Challenge #3 - Michele's Journal



This weeks PPA challenge was an inspiration challenge. By that I mean you are given a picture or item from which you take your inspiration for your project design, layout, and colors. The back wall has some cool houses on it with lots of colors and shapes. That was my inspiration for the journal.

My 8 year old is having a rough go at 3rd grade. Today is day #4! So I created this with her in mind.
I created the front cover using the VersaMark resist technique. I inked the background stamp, Pretty Petals, in VersaMark and stamped it on glossy card stock. I then used my brayer and Certainly Celery and covered the entire sheet. My favorite part is taking your paper towel and buffing the extra ink off the paper.

The front and back piece are cut at 6 1/2" by 9 3/4". The spine is a piece of textured Certainly Celery cut at 4" x 9 3/4". I covered the spine with 1/4" white grossgrain ribbon.
HINT:Attach your ribbon with Sticky Strip and it will stay in place.

Each little card is a different stamp set which is kind of like my children's rooms; there's something different going on in every corner!

Now I don't own all these sets but was part of an image swap with some other demonstrators. A thank you to Kris at Kween Bee Creations for "Friends Rock" and Carrie at Creative Cards by Carrie for Chic Boutique. A great perk for being a demonstrator - we're a very sharing community.

I put a bit of bling on each card which I'm sure my daughter, Michele, will love. Look Who's Turning is the last set. I wanted more of a tail on my bird so I flipped the octopus over and stamped just his legs, now feathers! Some more bling on each feather and it's done!

Right now these black marble composition books cost about $.50 so this is a great time to make some for yourself and as gifts.

Enjoy!

God Bless,


9 comments:

Ann Schach said...

How sweet, Martha! I am sure that this journal will help cheer her up! I start back on Monday...maybe I need to make myself one! I love how the hippo is peeking out behind the bird! What fun!

Stampin' Diva said...

Great job the with sketch!!! I have to try that reverse technique!!! I love the look on your card!!

Linda Callahan said...

This is adorable! I taught 3rd grade for a bazillion years - it was my favorite age - hope things smooth out for her.

Pals Paper Arts said...

I feel for your daughter ... hoping this happy notebook lifts her spirits.

On behalf of the Pals Paper Arts Design Team, thanks for Playing @ PPA!

Margaret Moody said...

Love this, Martha! I'm sure your daughter will too!

Patti MacLeith said...

Like how you had all those different "modes" on the cover. Hopefully your daughter will be feeling better about school real soon!

Carla said...

This is so neat. Love the colors and how you used the stamp swap. Great idea. Hugs,

♥ Kristy Woods ♥ said...

WOW so clever! TFS
Kristy

thescrapmaster said...

Neat journal! Very creative.
Hugs,
Samantha
SP Color Combos Creator -Come Play at SPCC!
http://spcolorcombos.blogspot.com