Welcome

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you find your visit here inspirational and helpful.

Please contact me if you have any questions.

Before you go, I'd love you to leave a comment. They are -

v the icing on my cake!

v the bling on my card!

v the "Diet" in my "Coke"!

Martha

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Stampin' Your Own Journals for School

This is an old project but a wonderful one as students prepare to go back to school. In our area students return on August 10th, so we are winding our summer down. These journals are the black and white journals you can pick up at WalMart, Target, or just about anywhere. I chose a solid card stock for the spine that coordinated with the DSP (Desinger Series paper) covering the journal.
I cut 2 pieces of DSP 6 1.2" x 9 3/4" and covered the front and back of the journal. Any excess paper I trimmed with my paper snips and sanded down the edges. I then cut the coordinating card stock at 4" x 9 3/4" and glued it to the spine. TIP: I removed the black spine from the journal before covering it.
It's ready for you to decorate, embellish and make it your own!
You can try any adhesive. I used my Xyron machine which puts adhesive on the entire piece of paper. Warning: Once you put it down it's not coming back up without a fight!
My journals are over a year old and I'm still using them! Encourage your students to individualize their own school journals. This project is fun and easy, all you need is paper, adhesive and scissors. We have some beautiful DSP out that are perfect to cover journals with. See the catalog for samples and contact me with any questions!

God Bless,


4 comments:

Melissa said...

What a great idea! I have two little boys that will love this project! Thanks so much for sharing!

Ann Schach said...

What a neat idea, Martha! I think that I will make one for myself for the upcoming school year. Thanks for sharing!

Kris Kilcoyne said...

I plan to make one like this for Convention notes.

Thanks for the step-by-step, I can certainly use the instruction!

Carla said...

I love these journals. Super idea and super pretty!!!!