Welcome

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you find your visit here inspirational and helpful.

Please contact me if you have any questions.

Before you go, I'd love you to leave a comment. They are -

v the icing on my cake!

v the bling on my card!

v the "Diet" in my "Coke"!

Martha

Monday, April 6, 2009

Please Help.


Since February, I have swam close to 11 miles, biked more than 300 miles, and run over 100 miles. Why am I putting my aging body through this you may ask? To help find a cure for blood cancers with Team in Training (TNT) and The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS). Along with my committment to train 6 days a week I have committed to raise $2600 for blood cancer research and patient assistance.


With less than a month before the Triathlon our team is putting the finishing touches on the training and the fundraising. As of today, I have raised $2190. Only $410 left!
If you are a regular reader or just passing through my blog, please consider a donation to The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. You can give on-line at http://pages.teamintraining.org/cfl/miatri09/mstewardot You will help me reach my fundraising goal but more importantly you will help thousands of people battling blood cancers. (If you have or have had a loved one battling leukemia, Hodgkin's disease, lymphoma, or myeloma, I would be honored to carry a ribbon in their honor or memory during the competition. Just leave a message below, on my TNT website, or contact me.)

On May 3rd I will compete in the Tri-Miami Triathlon; swimmiing 0.9mile, biking 26 miles, and running 6.1 miles. It has been an awesome ride!! TNT & LLS have been awesome to work with. Our tri team and coaches have kept me going when I wanted to quit. People, some I don't know, have amazed me with their generous support of this worthy cause and have touched my heart with stories of their own endurance race against cancer.

Thanks and God bless you,
Martha

0 comments: