Welcome

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you find your visit here inspirational and helpful.

Please contact me if you have any questions.

Before you go, I'd love you to leave a comment. They are -

v the icing on my cake!

v the bling on my card!

v the "Diet" in my "Coke"!

Martha

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

March Update for Team in Training

The first month of training is over and my body feels like I just started. It’s getting harder rather than easier!

We train 6 days a week. We are up to a mile swim 2 days a week, a 20 mile bike ride 2 days a week, and a 3-5 mile run 2 days a week.

Honestly there have been days when I’ve thought about quitting. “Why am I putting my body through this?” I am quickly reminded of my reason for doing this; those who have blood cancer. They have no choice but to endure and press on. And many do so with a smile on their face and hope in their hearts. I know how I feel with each donation and each encouraging word I receive; “I can do this!” In the same way, caner patients need to know we believe a cure can be found and we believe in them. That feeling of “I can do this!” is contagious.

Thank you for your generous support and encouragement. It says to me, to the blood cancer researchers, to families, and most importantly to the patients themselves; “We believe in you! You can do this! Don’t give up!”

God Bless,

Martha

I am almost half way to my fund raising goal of $3000. If you haven’t made a donation yet please consider giving to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. You can give on line at my fund raising page http://pages.teamintraining.org/cfl/miatri09/mstewardot or mail a check made out to LLS to me at 615 Pinetree Drive, Indialantic, FL 32903.

0 comments: