Welcome

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you find your visit here inspirational and helpful.

Please contact me if you have any questions.

Before you go, I'd love you to leave a comment. They are -

v the icing on my cake!

v the bling on my card!

v the "Diet" in my "Coke"!

Martha

Sunday, January 4, 2009

Happy New Year 2009!!


Happy New Year!!
First of all a big thank you for the encouraging words on this blog and in person as I try my hand at a business with Stampin'Up!
It's a new year with lots of hopes, plans and dreams. When I created this card I wanted it to symbolize my hopes for the new year. Henry David Thoreau said, "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams." I find I often start out with big dreams but somewhere along the way the goals get difficult and seem unreachable. I get discouraged and then let my dreams disappear. Can you relate?
New Years resolutions seem so futile; everybody makes them but very few keep them. I've decided to look at the new year as a time to refocus and refresh my goals and "go CONFIDENTLY in the direction of my dreams."
So what are my dreams? I'll share them so you can hold me accountable. I want to lose those 35 pounds that have been hanging around for 7 years, that means I've got to get out of bed and back to "bootcamp" at 5:30am (can you believe it Shana?) and hardest of all get a handle on my sweet tooth. I love...I mean I love sweets!! I want to continue my Stampin'Up! business but in a way that serves and encourages others rather than fretting over whether I can "make a go of it". That's going to take an attitude change, a boldness to share something I love, and a trust in God's plan for my life. Thanks Jason Anthony(the Chalk Guy) for those encouraging words in this morning's sermon. Lastly, but not leastly(not a word, I know) is to "chill", "be anxious for nothing"Phil 4:6, stop and smell the roses (all five Stewart roses). I can only imagine right now but hope one day to say "...for I have learned in whatever state I am 'to be content..."Phil 4:12.
What dreams do you hold for the new year? Share them here if you like; I'd love to hear them. But whatever you do, "go CONFIDENTLY in the direction of your dreams".
God Bless You,
Martha
soon to be alias: Content in Christ
Recipe:
Stamps: Live Your Dream
Ink: Black
Paper: Cameo Coral, (New) Raspberry Tart DSP, Rose Red, Whisper White
Misc. Write Me a Memory Journaling Fonts CD, Stampin' Dimensionals

0 comments: