Welcome

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you find your visit here inspirational and helpful.

Please contact me if you have any questions.

Before you go, I'd love you to leave a comment. They are -

v the icing on my cake!

v the bling on my card!

v the "Diet" in my "Coke"!

Martha

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

3 Days of Valentines–Day 2

021113a
Today’s valentine is a take off on the tri fold card but instead of flaps that overlap you have hearts.  When it is closed the hearts connect and look like they are cascading down the card.
The card base is 8”x5.25” scored at 2” and 6”. You could place this on a 1/4 sheet of card stock for a more finished look.  The hearts are cut from the Hearts Collection Framelits Die. I used the third smallest heart and dry embossed it with Elegant Bouquet Folder.
The placing of the hearts gets a bit tricky. With the the card closed, the bottom heart is flush with the bottom of the card and the point is about 2 1/8” from the left side of the card and adhered to the left fold. The top heart will be the same distance to the left as the bottom. The distance between the top and bottom heart tips is about 3 3/8”. The top heart is also adhered onto the left fold. The middle heart is placed approximately 1 9/16” from the left side and 1 9/16” from the bottom of the card. The middle heart is adhered to the right fold. If my measurements don’t work exactly for you just play around with their placement until you get the hearts to interlock. I adhered them with Tombow. The hearts easily interlock and open without tearing or coming off.

021113b
Here it is unfolded with plenty of room to put another sentiment and note.
This card fits perfectly into our medium sized envelopes.
Wow, another card posted!
If you have any questions, please contact me. Would love to hear what you think of today’s project. Thank you for all the sweet comments from yesterday’s post. I truly appreciate each and every one.
Until tomorrow…
stewartsiggy (4)
Stamps: Delightful Dozen, Teeny Tiny Wishes, Crazy Cool(retired), Silver Glimmer Paper
Ink: Melon Mambo
Paper: Melon Mambo, Pretty in Pink and Very Vanilla card stock
Big Shot, Hearts Collection Framelits Die, Elegant Bouquet Embossing Folder, punches

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Into my saved to be made later file. Glad to see you posting again. Enoy looking at your creations.

Pat S.

Frenchie said...

ooh pretty ms Marta
frenchie

TexasGramma said...

Love the card! Thanks for sharing.

Ann Schach said...

Too cute, Martha! I love this layout!