Welcome

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you find your visit here inspirational and helpful.

Please contact me if you have any questions.

Before you go, I'd love you to leave a comment. They are -

v the icing on my cake!

v the bling on my card!

v the "Diet" in my "Coke"!

Martha

Friday, June 22, 2012

Glitter for the Fourth!

06222012c

My in-laws have an annual 4th of July party at their home. For this years invitation I used this quilt block pattern I found on line.
quilt2
If you notice in the pattern it is a combination of squares and triangles.  To keep it simple I used a 4.25” square piece of Night of Navy cardstock (#100867) as the background and blue parts and embossed it with the Stripes Embossing Folder(#123128).  I then cut 12” x 1” strips of the Red(#121790) and Silver(124005) Glimmer paper and then cut them down into 1” squares. I hand cut the squares in half to make the triangles I needed.

It then became a process of piecing it together. I started at one corner and worked my way around and then into the center. I followed the same process as seen in this earlier post. Tombow(#110755) Liquid Glue was my adhesive of choice.

Once I had my design done, I trimmed it down to make it square. Each block was never completely square so I trimmed them down to about a 4” square. Also the centers often didn’t always meet perfectly so I used Brights Glimmer Brads(#121006) or one of the Itty Bitty Shapes(#118309) punched out with Red Glimmer Paper to hide my efforts.

Each square was attached to a 4.5” square card base with the invitation information inside.

I can’t tell how excited I was to use my new Simply Scored Diagonal Plate(#125586) to make an envelope that fit PERFECTLY!  It is my new “BFF”.
I purposely left the sentiment off.

Hope you enjoyed today’s project.  Thanks for stopping by. Leave a comment if you have a moment. I always enjoy hearing what the readers think.

God Bless,
stewartsiggy (4)

3 comments:

Frenchie said...

Hi Ms Martha , I love your 4th of July invit , good job !
How you doing ?
As for me good , hope someday we can see each other again ,
Hugs Frenchie

Linda Callahan said...

It's all about the sparkle! Love it! And I think I recall how you got your Simply Scored :)

Anonymous said...

Happy to see you posting again. Love your work