Welcome

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you find your visit here inspirational and helpful.

Please contact me if you have any questions.

Before you go, I'd love you to leave a comment. They are -

v the icing on my cake!

v the bling on my card!

v the "Diet" in my "Coke"!

Martha

Thursday, September 22, 2011

A Little Lace for Pals Paper Arts

PPABadge
091911

This week’s challenge at Pals Paper Arts is to add a bit of lace to a Clean and Simple card.

These are the last two cards in my Pocketful of Posies purse and card set. I think these are my favorites. Everything focuses on the beautiful Pocketful of Posies Designer Series paper.

I textured the card with the new Stripes Embossing folder and Big Shot and it seems to go great with the stripes in the DSP.

The vase was created using a 1 3/4” strip of Night of Navy card stock which I also embossed with the Stripes Embossing folder and punched it out using the Extra Large Oval punch.
  • Just center the strip of paper, which is not large enough to make a full oval, in the punch and you’ll get the perfect vase!
I used bits of both the Chantilly and Victoria Crochet Trim as my elements of lace.

The sentiment is from a great set, You’re a Gem. It fits perfectly in a 1” circle punch.

092011c
The same card but with our beautiful Pear Pizzazz Seam Binding.

Now it’s your turn to try your hand at a Clean and Simple(CAS) card with a bit of lace! Make sure to stop by and see all the projects for this weeks challenge at Pals Paper Arts.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.

Thanks for stopping by!
God Bless,
stewartsiggy (4)

Recipe:
Stamps:  You're A Gem(#122270), Thank You Kindly(#111700)
Ink: Night of Navy(#102977)
Paper: Pocketful of Posies(#122354), Very Vanilla(#101650), Night of Navy(#100867), Pear Pizzazz(#119795)
Misc:  Chantilly Crochet Trim(#118480), Victoria Crochet Trim(#118481), Pear Pizzazz Seam Binding(#122330), Basic Pearls(#119247), 
Tools of the Trade: Modern Label punch(#119849), Boho Blossom(#119858), 1" Circle punch(#119868), Extra Large Oval punch(#119859), Stripes Embossing Folder(#123128), Big Shot(#113439)

8 comments:

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Martha this is GORGEOUS! How clever you are! Love the vase and just the right touch of lace. (both cards are beautiful).
PS: I have lots of this DSP left over and plan to try this one.... can I CASE? So beautiful. Hugs

Katy McGloin said...

May I CASE too! Both cards are beautiful, but I especially like the addition of the vase. I love using the DSP as its own focal point!

Ann Schach said...

Gorgeous cards, Martha! I love how you incorporated the pattern on the paper into your design! Very clever! Thanks for being our Guest Designer this week!

LeAnne said...

Beautiful creation!

Linda Callahan said...

Oh you are so clever to use the vase and DSP together like that! Beautiful!

Mike Funke said...

WOW! Martha, what an extraordinary creation! Love how you placed that flower in the vase and how subtle the lace is. Beautiful.
Mike

Anonymous said...

Martha! these are so pretty! What a great idea to show off our beautiful DSP. You go girl!!
Cheryl McAskill
c.mcaskill@verizon.net

Mary Fish said...

Such clever ideas!

Hugs, M