This card mixes the Deck the Halls Fabric, Gold Stampin’ Emboss Powder, Textured card stock and Antique Brads giving the finished antique look.
Here’s a couple of hints I discovered as I created this card.
- (You seamstresses probably already know this) To get this great unraveled edge to your project instead of cutting the size you want, rip the size you want. Make a small snip in the fabric at the size you want and rip away! It’s easy, gives you a straight line and relieves stress!
- You can adhere the fabric right to the card base but, I adhered it to a 3”x4” piece of card stock using the Anywhere Glue Stick. Works perfectly!
- The image was stamped on Very Vanilla Textured card stock. First,to give it the stained look I used a piece of the Stamping Sponge and rubbed on River Rock Classic Ink. You can also mix colors. I used a little bit of Sahara Sand in places.
- Before you emboss, wipe your cardstock down with the Embossing Buddy. It will keep your Gold Stampin’ Emboss Powder where you want it.
I also embossed the edges of the image piece. I simply ran the VersaMark around the edges and covered it with Gold Stampin’ Emboss powder.
- To get the little notches on top I used the Decorative Label punch and inserted only the top corners, one at a time into the corner of the punch. All I punched were the corners.
- The Antique Brad finishes off the card. If the brad is not holding anything together just bend off the back and adhere it to the card using Glue Dots.
This card may look a bit complicated but it really was not. Follow the hints above and you’ll be creating your own antique creations!
If you’re not in to embossing yet, I’d love to help you get started. Contact me if you have any questions. I’ll be happy to help you put your order together to make sure you have everything you need to get started!
Hope you have a wonderful day!
Stamps: Thoughts & Prayers
Paper: River Rock & Very Vanilla Textured card stock
Misc: Deck the Halls fabric, Gold Stampin' Emboss Powder, Antique Brads(#117273), Anywhere Glue Sticks (#104045), Glue Dots(#103683), SNAIL(#104332)
Tools of The Trade: Heat Tool, Decorative Label Punch(#120907), Large Oval punch(#119855)