Welcome

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you find your visit here inspirational and helpful.

Please contact me if you have any questions.

Before you go, I'd love you to leave a comment. They are -

v the icing on my cake!

v the bling on my card!

v the "Diet" in my "Coke"!

Martha

Thursday, August 4, 2011

A Mix of Textures

080311f

This card mixes the Deck the Halls Fabric, Gold Stampin’ Emboss Powder, Textured card stock and Antique Brads giving the finished antique look.

Here’s a couple of hints I discovered as I created this card.

  • (You seamstresses probably already know this) To get this great unraveled edge to your project instead of cutting the size you want, rip the size you want. Make a small snip in the fabric at the size you want and rip away! It’s easy, gives you a straight line and relieves stress!
  • You can adhere the fabric right to the card base but, I adhered it to a 3”x4” piece of card stock using the Anywhere Glue Stick. Works perfectly!
  • The image was stamped on Very Vanilla Textured card stock. First,to give it the stained look I used a piece of the Stamping Sponge and rubbed on River Rock Classic Ink. You can also mix colors. I used a little bit of Sahara Sand in places.
  • Before you emboss, wipe your cardstock down with 080311dthe Embossing Buddy. It will keep your Gold Stampin’ Emboss Powder where you want it.

I also embossed the edges of the image piece. I simply ran the VersaMark around the edges and covered it with Gold Stampin’ Emboss powder.

  • To get the little notches on top I used the Decorative Label punch and inserted only the top corners, one at a time into the corner of the punch. All I punched were the corners.
  • The Antique Brad finishes off the card. If the brad is not holding anything together just bend off the back and adhere it to the card using Glue Dots.

This card may look a bit complicated but it really was not. Follow the hints above and you’ll be creating your own antique creations!

If you’re not in to embossing yet, I’d love to help you get started. Contact me if you have any questions. I’ll be happy to help you put your order together to make sure you have everything you need to get started!

Hope you have a wonderful day!

God bless,

stewartsiggy (4)

Order Stampin'Up! Products 24/7, Click Here

Recipe:

Stamps: Thoughts & Prayers

Ink: VersaMark

Paper: River Rock & Very Vanilla Textured card stock

Misc: Deck the Halls fabric, Gold Stampin' Emboss Powder, Antique Brads(#117273), Anywhere Glue Sticks (#104045), Glue Dots(#103683), SNAIL(#104332)

Tools of The Trade: Heat Tool, Decorative Label Punch(#120907), Large Oval punch(#119855)

9 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

So beautiful - that gold embossing is gorgeous!

Ann Schach said...

A gorgeous card! I LOVE the mix of textures! Thanks for the tips, too!

Stampin' Mom of Four said...

Love this card! I'm finally getting some SU! fabric to play with. Maybe I'll try something similar to your card.

Patti said...

Beautiful. It looks like an old card found in an attic trunk - very vintage.

Unknown said...

Very nice this is a beautiful stamp set. Thanks for sharing.

LeAnne said...

Gorgeous! I just sit and look at my fabric and wonder what to do with it! Great idea!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! I love how you embossed the image and then used the fabric! Wow! Stunning! Hugs, J

Anonymous said...

Great card, Martha. Thanks for the details. Helps me a lot. Have a good weekend.

Judy

Mary Fish said...

Gorgeous embossing!

Love the different textures, too.

Hugs, M