Welcome

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you find your visit here inspirational and helpful.

Please contact me if you have any questions.

Before you go, I'd love you to leave a comment. They are -

v the icing on my cake!

v the bling on my card!

v the "Diet" in my "Coke"!

Martha

Sunday, July 24, 2011

A Visit From Justin Bieber?!

My youngest, Michele, is attending a costume birthday party for her 10 year old friend today. They all dressed up as some of their favorite pop stars. Our family was a bit taken back when Michele walked out in her costume. There was a freaky resemblance!

As summer begins to wind down for school kids here, we decided to put together an end of summer bag for her friend, Emily. Michele purchased an inexpensive tote bag from WalMart and filled it with a magazine, craft supplies and candy; things to fill those last days before school starts.
I added the birthday bag card to the gift, creating a summer tote using the Beyond the Garden Designer Series paper. I created the template using a picture of a handbag I found on line. The card opens at the top just like a purse revealing the inside of the card.
  • One thing I find helpful when creating the first in a card design is to use our Dotto adhesive. This adhesive is re-positionable and allows you to change your design over and over again until you get it just right. You can then use a more permanent adhesive to finish it.
There are 5 days left in the $99 Stampin'Up! Starter Kit promotion. This kit gives you a great Starter Kit on a smaller scale than the Standard Starter Kit. You'll receive all the benefits of being a Stampin'Up! Demonstrator with this kit and can add any supplies you need by using your 20% demonstrator discount. To view the $99 Starter Kit click here. If you're intrigued at the possibility, contact me. I love nothing more than to chat about Stampin'Up!

God Bless,
Recipe:
Stamps: Delightful Dozen (clear #122652)
Ink: Wild Wasabi (#109014)
Paper: Beyond the Garden Designer Series Paper (#122342), Wild Wasabi card stock (#108641), Whisper White card stock (#100730)
Misc: Brights Flower Brads (#119734), Dotto (#103305), Glue Dots (#103683), Sticky Strip (#104294), 5/8" Old Olive Satin Ribbon (#117292), Bitty Buttons (#118761)
Tools of the Trade: Modern Label punch (#119849)

2 comments:

Ann Schach said...

Adorable, Martha! You always make the cutest things for your children and their friends!

Mary Fish said...

Wow, that is a close resemblance. :)

Love the summer tote! SO cute!!

Hugs, M