Welcome

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you find your visit here inspirational and helpful.

Please contact me if you have any questions.

Before you go, I'd love you to leave a comment. They are -

v the icing on my cake!

v the bling on my card!

v the "Diet" in my "Coke"!

Martha

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Kids & Cards ~ Introducing Michele


Today's challenge at Pals Paper Arts is a technique challenge using punches.
It just so happened my 9 year old, Michele, wanted to make a card yesterday for her sister in college. Yesterday's post featured Rachel's card to her.
Michele saw a card in an old Stampin'Up! magazine, Stampin' Success by Jackie Topa (June 2010). This card is cased from Jackie's and was created by Michele.
I remember the early days of our homeschooling. The three older ones learned writing by copying parts of some great writers' works. I think the same can be said here. Children can learn card making skills by copying other's cards. (This is true for me too. I am proud to be a "Creative Copier"!)
  • Michele looked through magazines and found the project she wanted to create.
  • We looked at it together and decided how it was made
  • We located all her supplies
  • I used the Tabletop Paper Cutter
  • Michele did the rest; stamping, sponging, laying it out, gluing it down, & adding the details
  • I answered questions and made a few suggestions
As she worked on her card she began to make changes like putting a palm tree in the window for a backgound. I showed her how to mask it. I had her use Dotto so she could pull things up if she needed to. It worked great and alleviated much frustration.

Before Sale-a-bration ends tonight, think about putting together your own card making kit for your family. Summer is rapidly approaching! Contact me if you need help putting your supplies together. For every $50 you spend in product you will receive a FREE item from the Sale-a-bration catalog. Click here for details. Order on-line any time today and before 11:50MT this evening.

I hope you enjoyed today's project. Both girls would love to read your comments so, please leave one before you go! Have a great day!

God Bless,
Recipe:
Stamps: Three Little Words, Tropical Party(retired)
Ink: Garden Green, Crumb Cake, Elegant Eggplant, Early Espresso, 'Rose Red, and Sahara Sand Stampin' Write Markers
Paper: Chocolate Chip, Garden Green, Whisper White card stock, Woodland Walk Designer Series Paper
Misc: Dotto, Stampin' Dimensionals
Tools of the Trade: 1 1/4" Circle punch, Small Oval punch, 1/2" Circle punch, Boho Blossoms punch, 1/4" Circle punch(retired), Paper Snips, Tabletop Paper Cutter

9 comments:

Mary Fish said...

So cute!

Hugs, M

Ann Schach said...

Michele is definitely going to be a super stamper!Such an adorable card!

Kristie W. said...

This is so cute!! She did a great job :)

Melanie C said...

So cute Martha!!! She did a great job! Thank you both for playing along with Pals Paper Arts this week.

Marci said...

It was great to see your cards, Rachel and Michele. I have been working with my Grandboys with stamping and scrapping and this will be fun to show them. Marci

lisa808 said...

What a fun card! tfs

Linda Callahan said...

Michele did a great job - a chip off the old ink pad!

Carla said...

Michele's card is fabulous!!! I love her card, she did a spectacular job!!! Hugs,

Anonymous said...

Wow! Great card Michele! You make beautiful cards just like your mom and sister :)