Welcome

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you find your visit here inspirational and helpful.

Please contact me if you have any questions.

Before you go, I'd love you to leave a comment. They are -

v the icing on my cake!

v the bling on my card!

v the "Diet" in my "Coke"!

Martha

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Embossing Challenge for Pals Paper Arts


This week I have the honor of being the Featured Artist for Pals Paper Arts.
The challenge is to use embossing in some form on the project.

I love taking these challenges to extremes so I embossed the entire card in the Square Lattice Embossing Folder and the Big Shot.

I first designed the card adhering the flower, sentiment and grass to a layer of Whisper White card stock. I then ran the layer through the Big Shot using the Square Lattice Embossing Folder. The result is an inlaid affect and it's just beautiful.

The grass blades were just slivers of Old Olive card stock which I pulled over my Anywhere Glue Stick and adhered to the Whisper White card stock. The flowers are from Friends Never Fade stamp set and were inked and stamped using the rock and roll technique.
  • You first ink the image in the lightest color which was Daffodil Delight for me
  • then roll the edges of the stamp in a darker color, Pumpkin Pie and Tangerine Tango.
  • You feel like you're looking at a real flower.
The sentiment was inked in Tangerine Tango on Whisper White card stock.

Give embossing a try! There are lots of ways to emboss ~ powder, embossing folders and plates , scoring tools... And make sure to stop by Pals Paper Arts and enjoy all the "embossed" projects this week!

Thanks for stopping by!

God Bless,
Recipe:
Stamps: Friends Never Fade
Ink: Pumpkin Pie, Tangerine Tango, Daffodil Delight
Paper: Old Olive, Daffodil Delight, Whisper White card stock
Misc: 1/8" Daffodil Delight Taffeta Ribbon, AnyWhere Glue Stick, Stampin' Dimensionals
Tools of the Trade: Square Lattice Embossing Folder, Big Shot, Paper Snips

7 comments:

Carla said...

This is so pretty Martha!!! I love those colors, too. Hugs,

Linda Callahan said...

Beautiful - looks like spring......sigh.....no spring in my world!

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful, Martha! I love these colors. The look is just fabulous!

Mary Fish said...

Very creative way to emboss, love it!

Hugs, M

Patti MacLeith said...

I love how this looks. Isn't it fun watching the paper transform when it goes through the Big Shot with this folder?

Mike Funke said...

Beautiful job, Martha. Love the contrast of the white background and brightly colored flowers.
Mike

Pam~ said...

Fabulous take on this challenge. Love your card and the colors that you used! One of my all time favorite stamping sets too!