Welcome

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you find your visit here inspirational and helpful.

Please contact me if you have any questions.

Before you go, I'd love you to leave a comment. They are -

v the icing on my cake!

v the bling on my card!

v the "Diet" in my "Coke"!

Martha

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Thoughts & Prayers ~ One of my Favorites!


I love this stamp set! The prayer tree in the Thoughts and Prayers stamp set is simple, peaceful, & just beautiful. I struggled a bit when I added the ribbon not wanting it to be frilly but loving the look it added to the card. I have three cards I will be sending to young women who have lost someone they love and am hoping a little beauty during difficult times will bring a smile to their face and a bit of peace to their hearts.
This week's color challenge at Pals Paper Arts combines Perfect Plum, Baja Breeze, & Pear Pizzazz. It is a beautiful combination. I used my Stampin' Write Markers to ink the image and embellished it with a bit of gathered ribbon. A bit of texture using Vintage Wallpaper Embossing Folder, the Crimper and Basic Pearls left me happy with my finished product.

I hope you enjoyed today's project! Make sure to stop by Pals Paper Arts to see all the wonderful projects and give the color challenge a try your self!

The new Occasions Mini catalog is available to purchase from. You can view the catalog online here or if you would like a copy mailed to you contact me and I would be happy to put one in the mail to you.

God Bless,
Recipe:
Stamps: Thoughts & Prayers
Ink: Pear Pizzazz Classic Ink, Early Espresso Stampin' Write Markers
Paper: Pear Pizazz, Perfect Plum, Baja Breeze, Whisper White, Very Vanilla card stock
Misc: Crimper, Vintage Wallpaper Embossing Folder, Big Shot, Corner Rounder punch, Scallop Oval punch, Very Vanilla Satin Ribbon, Pear Pizzazz 1/2" Stitched-Poly ribbon, Basic Pearls, Stampin' Dimensionals, Sticky Strip

9 comments:

None None said...

Beautiful card - I especially love the ribbon treatment on both cards.

Pam~ said...

Stunning card! Love the added touch of the leaves on the sentiment and your gorgeous ribbon!

Anonymous said...

Hi Martha, Happy New Year, this is a lovely set to use and you have done a beautiful job. I am sure they will bring comfort and a smile to the girls. I love to gather the ribbon too just like you have. Marls

Ann Schach said...

Both cards are beautiful, Martha! I love the ribbons!

Tammy Fite said...

Beautiful cards, and just the ribbon is perfect. I'm sure the ladies receiving them will appreciate them.

Lisa Echerd said...

Very beautiful cards!

Patti MacLeith said...

Beautiful, Martha. I love the pearls on the second one.

Carla said...

Martha, both cards are so beatiful. I esp love the little branch on the sentiment tag and of course the pearls. Hugs,

Melanie said...

Martha - I love the ribbon detail. Thanks for playing along with the Pals Paper Arts!