Welcome

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you find your visit here inspirational and helpful.

Please contact me if you have any questions.

Before you go, I'd love you to leave a comment. They are -

v the icing on my cake!

v the bling on my card!

v the "Diet" in my "Coke"!

Martha

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Happy Hanukkah!

I created this card for my daughter who was attending a Hanukkah meal this afternoon. God never ceases to amaze me as unexpected circumstances brought me to her friend's home and I was warmly invited to share in their meal of potato latkes, beef brisket, apple sauce,... I was given a brief explanation of Hanukkah, as the celebration of the time God turned a tiny amount of oil into 8 days of light for the Israelites. Please forgive me if my information is not quite accurate. As I thought of how best to create this card this morning, I knew I wanted it on a dark blue background. It seemed fitting to have the light against the dark background. I love the symbolism.


I pulled out some retired product to create this Hanukkah card. The base is Brushed Silver card stock with a layer of Night of Navy covered by a retired Window Sheet. I repeated the layers again putting the retired Let There Be Light image on top. The image is embossed using a mixture of Silver and White Stampin' Emboss Powder.

The flames are decorated with Basic Rhinestones and Pearls. Northern Frost Strip made the beautiful snow flakes at the bottom and the beautiful Organza Ribbon finishes off the top. A little Glue Dot gives the ribbon some more dimension.

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you enjoyed the light of Hanukkah in today's project.

God Bless,

8 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Beautiful!

Peggy said...

Gorgious!

Pam~ said...

Stunning Martha! Love the colors you chose and the added snowflakes.

Patti J said...

What a gorgeous card! How nice that you were invited to share in this family's special meal! You were indeed richly blessed! Thanks for sharing your card and your story!

Patti MacLeith said...

SUCH a beautiful card, Martha!

Mary Fish said...

beautiful colors for the holidays. hugs, m

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful, Martha!

Carla said...

Martha, your card is so beautiful. What a wonderful time you must of had, so special. Hugs,