Welcome

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you find your visit here inspirational and helpful.

Please contact me if you have any questions.

Before you go, I'd love you to leave a comment. They are -

v the icing on my cake!

v the bling on my card!

v the "Diet" in my "Coke"!

Martha

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Lovely As a Tree for a Very Special Birthday

Today's sketch challenge at SplitCoast Stampers was just what I needed to get me going on this birthday card.

This is for my sweet husband's birthday. Since it is fall somewhere I decided to create a "fallish" card using the Lovely as a Tree stamp set and shading the ground with my Stampin' Pastels to imitate fall leaves, of course. I also shaded the sky with the gray pastel. The rest of the card was created using the Regal Designer Paper Pack.

The sentiment is from the Curly Cute stamp set.

All together it came out to be a nice manly card for my favorite guy!

I hope you and your family has a wonderful Thanksgiving!

God Bless,

Recipe:
Stamps: Lovely as a Tree, Curly Cute
Ink: Early Espresso, VersaMark
Paper: Very Vanilla, Regals Designer Paper Patterns Pack
Misc: Stampin' Pastels, Antique Brads, Stamp-a-ma-jig, Stampin' Dimensionals, Corner Rounder punch

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH, nice! I love how the layers of DSP look like a scalloped corner. Cool! Hope he enjoyed some fun on his birthday :)

Ann Schach said...

Love the look of the scalloped corners! So pretty!

Patti MacLeith said...

The way you layered those background papers is awesome! Looks like a scalloped edge. Happy Thanksgiving, Martha!

Carla said...

Martha, your card is beautiful. I love the way you layered the DSP and those colors. Hugs,