Welcome

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you find your visit here inspirational and helpful.

Please contact me if you have any questions.

Before you go, I'd love you to leave a comment. They are -

v the icing on my cake!

v the bling on my card!

v the "Diet" in my "Coke"!

Martha

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

It's a Wintry Holiday Hop!

Welcome to the November Pals Hop! This month we're featuring winter and holiday themed projects for you inspiration. If you've hopped over from Mary Fish's StampinPretty.com, I'm stop number 6 on the Pals Hop and am happy you've stopped by! If you get lost, just click on any of the links in the Pals line up here!



My first project is name tags for your Christmas dinner table! I designed one with adults in mind and one for the children at your table.

The adult place card is a piece 5"x5" Real Red card stock scored at 2 1/2". I embossed one of the ornaments from the Delightful Decorations stamp set in Silver Stampin' Embossing powder. I then used the Snow Swirled stamp set for the back ground image inking it in VersaMark and dotting the centers with the Basic Rhinestone Jewels. The sentiment is from Teeny Tiny Wishes inked in Real Red ink onto Very Vanilla Card stock and layered over a piece of Garden Green card stock.

The place card for children is a piece of 3"x 8 1/2" piece of Real Red card stock, scored at 4 1/4". I embossed the ornament image from the Sweet Treat stamp set in Silver Stampin' Embossing powder and repeated the background image, Snow Swirled, with the Basic Rhinestone Jewels in the centers.

The back of the Sweet Treat cup was covered with a scallop circle punched from the 2 3/8" Scallop Circle punch and scored down the middle with the perforating tool in the Cutter Kit.

My second project was created for my in laws annual Christmas party. Invitations often get lost in the pile but here is one that won't. Try making an easel card for your invitation. You can find the instructions here. It can stay standing until the party and becomes as much of a decoration as an invitation.

I first saw a card similar to this created by SU demonstrator, Kristina Kornoely. I love the wintry look of this card. I punched a 1 1/4" circle out of a piece of card stock and used the card stock as my stencil sponging Whisper White Craft ink over the hole to create the winter moon. I then stamped the image from Lovely as a Tree using Whisper White Craft ink again and sponged the bottom of the card giving it a snow covered ground. The sentiment is from Heard From the Heart stamp set. To keep it from looking too stark and yet not to light, I embossed it using a mixture of White and Silver Stampin' Emboss powders. To finish the scene, I spritzed Vanilla Shimmer Smooch Spritz over the whole piece.

I broke the invitation up so that the date, time and place of the party would always be visible and the details would be underneath. By splitting the two parts of the invitation, I created a slot for the card to slip into creating a sturdy easel card!
And that cute little snowflake is from the new Northern Frost Decorative Strip for the Big Shot. Making snowflakes has become a snap!

I hope you enjoyed today's projects. I always love reading your comments and would love you to leave one before you "hop" on! If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact me.

For more inspiring ideas hop on over to Carla Bazhenow's site, www.Carlas-Scraps.com, stop number 7 on the Winter Holidays Pals hop. Thanks for stopping by!
God Bless,

12 comments:

Melanie (Oops a Daisy Designs) said...

Beautiful projects Martha!

Cards by Gina said...

Beautiful, beautiful cards, Martha! I love them all!

Debbie Pierce said...

Wow, fabulous projects. I love the two different place cards, and your card is simply stunning!! :)

Ann Schach said...

Wow! The invitation is just stunning! Love it!

Kim said...

What a creative invitation - so pretty too! Great projects Martha

Anonymous said...

I love the design of the invitation, it is really cool how you included the information. Projects are Fabulous!

Tammy said...

Martha - the place cards are lovely! How smart of you to perforate the scallop circle on the back of the sweet treat cups so the kids can get at their candy!

I just LOVE your invite! It is so enchanting! I adore easel cards but fear that folks won't know what to do with them when they get them. How do you tell folks that the card stands up? Do thye just know?

Anonymous said...

I love the invitation... I am thankful that you added the directions for it.... You rock!!!
Cathy

Linda Callahan said...

You are the place card master - so cute! And I am speechless at that invitation - wow just wow!

Christy Q said...

Just gorgeous!!! I love the easel card and the colors you used. Just stunning!! I may have to CASE it for one of the card designs I plan to make this year.

Dawn Gross said...

LOVE the invitation! Fabulous!!

Joanna said...

Love your cards! They are gorgeous!