Welcome

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you find your visit here inspirational and helpful.

Please contact me if you have any questions.

Before you go, I'd love you to leave a comment. They are -

v the icing on my cake!

v the bling on my card!

v the "Diet" in my "Coke"!

Martha

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Handmade Holiday ~ Checkin' Out the Thrift Stores

This may look just too simple but, these jars make great gifts. Go to your local thrift store and look for a variety of jars with lids. We probably found over 10 different jars, no two the same, at around $.50 each.

Wash them up and add your favorite holiday candy. Decorate them with some of our Satin ribbon, a tag using the Got Treats stamp set, and they are ready to give.

If you aren't ready to give them away, group them together as a center piece. The variety of jars and colorful candy makes for a colorful and eclectic look! Unfortunately, by the time I took this picture we had given most of them away but, you get the idea!

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed today's project for a "Handmade Holiday". I'd love to hear your ideas for handmade gifts this holiday season! Leave a comment below.

God Bless,

Recipe:
Stamps: Got Treats
Ink: Early Espresso
Misc: Old Olive and Pumpkin Pie Satin Ribbon, Extra Large Tag punch, Circle Fire brads

7 comments:

Ann Schach said...

What a neat idea, Martha! I will heading off to the Dollar Store! Such sweet little gifts!

Patti MacLeith said...

Fantastic reminder of the great bargains at the dollar or thrift store!

Patti J said...

Great idea! We have a goodwill nearby...I feel a trip coming on!

Carla said...

Oh now I love this idea... fabulous and so easy too. Friends and family will love it. Hugs,

Pam~ said...

Great idea, practical and cute! Dollar tree here I come. Thanks for sharing Martha!

Mary Fish said...

martha, you know how to make $.50 look like a movie star. such cute ideas. hugs, m

Anonymous said...

Hi, Luv this idea!! Especially for the holidays as gifts for my neighbors...
Mrodriguez860@hotmail.com