Welcome

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you find your visit here inspirational and helpful.

Please contact me if you have any questions.

Before you go, I'd love you to leave a comment. They are -

v the icing on my cake!

v the bling on my card!

v the "Diet" in my "Coke"!

Martha

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

October Pals Hop - Thankful Thanksgiviing!


Welcome to the October Pals Hop! This month we are showcasing Thanksgiving and thankfulness projects! If you've arrived from Angela Richwine's Stampin away with Angela, I'm stop number eleven on the hop and I'm thrilled you're here. I hope you find some great projects to inspire you as we enter the Thanksgiving season. If you get lost along the way, simply click on any link in the Pals Line-up and you will be back on course!


Now, on to my Thanksgiving projects!


Thanksgiving for some reason is my favorite holiday. I love the images and colors that are associated with this holiday. I love the story and history behind the holiday. And I love that it is as simple as being thankful! Setting the table is a big part of this holiday and letting your family and company know how thankful you are for them with these place cards is a perfect beginning.

The place cards are created on a 5"x5" piece of card stock scored at 2 1/2". The Very Vanilla piece is stamped with the sentiment from the Thankful For stamp set. The pumpkins are from the Autumn Harvest stamp set and were stamped on Watercolor paper using Black Stazon ink. I colored them using Blender Pens and Stampin' Write Markers. To make them a bit more 3-D, I cut a sliver of Garden Green card stock and wrapped it around one of the tools from the Distressing Essentials Kit. It looks just like pumpkin vines!


When I showed this project to my husband, he could not figure out what it was. Not good! Well I've added a hint in the picture to help. 3-D projects are always a favorite of mine. This ACORN container was created using the Pillow Box Die and the Big Shot. You can find the instructions I used here.

I wanted a lot of texture so the ACORN nut was made using Chocolate Chip Textured Card stock and the ACORN cap was made using 1" strips of Sahara Sand card stock embossed with the Square Lattice Embossing folder. The oak leaves were cut out with the Leaves #2 Die using More Mustard and Cajun Craze card stock and then embossed using the Vintage Wallpaper Embossing Folder.

The sentiment in the picture is from the Thankful For stamp set.


This cute container can hold a special treat as a gift or even as a center piece!


Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear what you thought of today's projects, including my ACORN so leave a comment!

Now it's time to head over to Kris Kilcoyne's, Kweenbee site for some more great projects!


God Bless,
Projects created using Stampin'Up! products
Recipe:
Place cards:
Stamps: Thankful For, Autumn Harvest
Ink: Black Stazon, Cajun Craze Classic ink, Pumpkin Pie, More Mustard, and Daffodil Delight Stampin' Write Markers
Paper: Rich Regal card stock, Very Vanilla card stock, Watercolor Paper
Misc: Distress Essentials Kit, Stamp-a-ma-jig, Stampin' Dimensionals

Acorn:
Stamps: Thankful For
Ink: Cajun Craze, Sahara Sand and Chocolate Chip Classic ink
Paper: Chocolate Chip Textured Card stock, Sahara Sand, Cajun Craze, More Mustard, Very Vanilla card stock
Misc: Big Shot, Pillow Box die, Leaves #2 Die, Square Lattice Embossing Folder, Vintage Wallpaper Embossing Folder, Sponge Dauber

19 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

I knew it was an acorn! Great Thanksgicing projects!

Kim said...

Awww, your acorn is great - tell hubby to get his creative juices flowin next time!! ;)
Great projects

Kris Kilcoyne said...

You outdid yourself as always.

Ann Schach said...

Love the acorn box! Thanks for including the details!

Cahos' Chaos said...

This is very pretty. I am definitely going to CASE! LOVEIN' IT. TFS and God Bless.

Diana
http://b4ustamp.blogspot.com

Queen Mary said...

I LOVE the acorn! We have a huge oak outside our house and can hear the bombardment of falling acorns all day (and night). We also have a squirrel couple who clean up most of the acorns for us! :) I LOVE your project -- it makes me wish I were hosting Thanksgiving this year so I could use it as a centerpiece! I'll be making some anyway! You are a genius!

creations by jackie said...

Awesome projects, love your acorn box. Cleverly done. Thanks for sharing.

Mike said...

You are just too cleaver for words! Great job with the themed 3D stuff and love the place cards with “Thankful for...”

Mike

Patti said...

Your acorn is great. What a terrific treat holder.

Jessica said...

I love this acorn box!

Carla said...

Your place cards are wonderful and your Acorn Box is fabulous. I thought you were talking about my hubby. lol Fabulous creations Martha. Hugs,

Mary Fish said...

NUTS to your husband. I knew right away. What adorable projects! My eye goes straight for the curly you made with your distressing kit tool! Hugs, M

Joanna said...

Wow! Wow! Wow! Is all I can say! I love your acorn! You are so talented! Hugs, J

Dana said...

Both projects are beautiful! (and the acorn was EASILY recognizable!!!)

Dawn Gross said...

That acorn is ridiculous - in a GOOD way!!! Great project - and the place cards are gorgeous too!

Dawn

Cards by Gina said...

I love, love, love your acorn nut holder...and knew it was an acorn right away! Your placecards are perfect too! Great projects!

Anonymous said...

This is so cute! Can you tell me how you did your acorn lid? lindalou_22@msn.com

StacyMac said...

Love your Acorn. I can't wait to make a few myself. Any chance you'd share your lid instuctions? Would really appreciate it. Thanks for the great idea.
jitterbug_001@yahoo.com

Martha said...

I kind of created the lid as I went.
• I cut 1" x 5 1/2" strips out of Sahara Sand and ran them through the Big Shot and the embossing folder ~ about 15
• I cut 2 1"x 8 1/2" strips and created a rim the diameter of the top of the acorn and stapled it together and trimmed the end.
• Then I ran a piece of Sticky Strip around the ring I had created on the outside and began placing my strips along the outside of the rim. They overhung just a little bit.
• I began folding the strips toward center. I would take 3 strips at a time and cut the ends slightly overlaping the center of the acorn cap and glue them together. Then I would move on to the next 3 strips and do the same thing until all the strips were glued together at the center.
• I punched a Scallop Circle out of the Sahara Sand and embossed it. I also cut a stem out of the same card stock. The stem runs through a slit in the Scallop Circle. And the scallop circle covers over all my strip ends!
Let me know if you have questions as I'm sure my description is a bit sketchy!
Good Luck!