Welcome

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you find your visit here inspirational and helpful.

Please contact me if you have any questions.

Before you go, I'd love you to leave a comment. They are -

v the icing on my cake!

v the bling on my card!

v the "Diet" in my "Coke"!

Martha

Friday, October 15, 2010

Happy Birthday Rachel!

My amazing daughter, Rachel, turns 22 today!

I can't believe she can be that old or I can be old enough to have a 22 year old! She and her brothers are home this weekend to celebrate so I'm a happy mom!

MOJO160

This week's sketch for MOJO Monday was a perfect choice for my eldest daughter's birthday card. I choose the new Growing Green stamp set and Woodland Walk Designer Series paper as my project foundation. This is my first time using this set but it was fun and easy to color. Even when I thought I was doing a poor job coloring, it ended up looking fine! I stamped the image on Very Vanilla card stock with Stazon black ink and colored it with my Blender Pens. I colored each leaf with Crumb Cake ink and then went back with Wild Wasabi ink and added a little hint of green to each leaf.

  • When you are color using the Blender Pens, color lightly and do not go back over the area until it dries. Otherwise your paper may start pilling.

The sentiment is from Stampin'Up!'s Perfect Punches stamp set; stamped in Wild Wasabi and punched out using the Wide Oval punch. This stamp set was created just for our punches.

I hope you enjoyed today's project! Thanks for stopping by. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact me. Have a great weekend!

God Bless,


Project uses Stampin'Up! products
Recipe:
Stamps: Growing Green
Ink: Stazon Black, Crumb Cake and Wild Wasabi Stampin' Write Markers
Paper: Crumb Cake & Very Vanilla card stock, Woodland Walk Designer Series Paper
Misc: Brights Brads, 1/8" Taffeta Very Vanilla Ribbon, Victoris Crochet Trim, Blender Pens, Wide Oval punch, Big Shot, Top Note Die, Elegant Bouquet Embossing Folder, Stampin' Dimensionals, Glue Dot, SNAIL

5 comments:

Patti said...

What a lovely card for a lovely daughter. Yes, it is hard to believe when they reach their 20's. Wait until they hit 30!

Linda Callahan said...

Beautiful card for a beautiful girl!

Mary Fish said...

Love the neutral but feminine look of the card. Your daughter is stunning. Thanks for sharing her picture. Hugs, M

Carla said...

Your card is so elegant!!! I hope you enjoy your weekend with your kids. How awesome for you. Your daughter is so pretty!!! Hugs,

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful card for a beautiful young woman! (I know Linda said it, too, but it is exactly what I was thinking before I saw her comment! lol)