Welcome

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you find your visit here inspirational and helpful.

Please contact me if you have any questions.

Before you go, I'd love you to leave a comment. They are -

v the icing on my cake!

v the bling on my card!

v the "Diet" in my "Coke"!

Martha

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

July Pals Hop ~ What's New at Stampin'Up!

Welcome to the July Pals Hop! This month we're featuring Stampin'Up!'s New Idea Book and Catalog & Colors for 2010 - 2011. If you've hopped over from Barbara Furlong's site, theloveofstamping, I'm stop number 4 on the Pals Hop. I'm glad you hopped in! I'll help you "hop" from blog to blog where you'll find inspirational ideas for papercrafted creations. Should you hop off course, simply click on any of the links in the Pals Hop Line-Up here and you'll be back on track.


My projects focused on the Level 1 and Level 2 Hostess Sets. By hosting a qualifying workshop or placing a qualifying order you can earn these stamps set FREE along with Hostess dollars to spend on Stampin'Up! products.

My first project was created using the stamp set, Because I Care.

The card base is Whisper White with a layer of Baja Breeze and Greenhouse Gala Designer Series paper. On the right side I layered a piece of a Top Note cut from another side of the Greenhouse Gala paper.

The flower is inked with Marina Mist for the flower onto Whisper White and Chocolate Chip on Chocolate Chip for the stem and leaves. These were paper pieced together.

The sentiment was inked onto a label from the Matchbox Die and dotted with a couple of individual flowers from the Because I Care stamp set.


This second project uses the stamp set Fast & Fabulous, a level 2 Hostess Set.

Papercrafting is a great creative outlet. I created this collage hoping to give it a distressed and old look. Taking advantage of all our great Embossing Folders I gave each image some texture by running it through the Big Shot after I stamped it.

I sponged the edges with River Rock ink to give it an aged look and roughed up the edges.

The entire picture fits inside an 8x8 Shadow Box I found at WalMart.


Well that's it for me! I hope you enjoyed today's projects. Now you are off to Gina Shaw's site, www.cardsbyginashaw.com. But before you leave I'd love you to leave a comment. I always love seeing who has stopped by!

God Bless,

19 comments:

Joanna M said...

OMG, I absolutely love your frame! It is gorgeous! And your card is so beautiful, I love that stamp set and Designer Paper!

Pam~ said...

Gorgeous card! I adore your collage with all the texture and soft colors! Have a great day!

mary atwood said...

Lovely projects!

Margaret Moody said...

Love your card and the collage, Martha! Great color choices for both! At first glance, the collage looks like delicate antique handkerchiefs! Love this idea! So pretty! Thanks for sharing both!

kylie said...

that hydrangea looks beautiful in baja breeze. i'm going to have to remember that. thanks for sharing.

Kimberly M said...

These projects are stunning! Thank you for sharing your creativity!

Ann Schach said...

Gorgeous! Great color combinations! Love the collage, Martha!

Michele said...

Love your projects!! The card really popped out at me... for I love Hydrangeas. It's beautiful!!

Cahos' Chaos said...

Very nice. TFS and God Bless.
Diana
http://b4ustamp.blogspot.com

Debbie Pierce said...

STUNNING!! These are gorgeous projects, and I will totally be CASEing these!! :) BEAUTIFUL!!

Linda Callahan said...

Love your floral creations - and that blue hydrangea - wow!

Linda Callahan said...

Love your floral creations - and that blue hydrangea - wow!

Dana said...

Beautiful projects! I especially love the hydrangea... so pretty.

Dee in N.H. said...

Very pretty. My favorites is the vintage feel of your shadow box. Nice stuff!

Barbara Chatzkel (one of the Pals) said...

Martha -- great idea in "going outside the card box" with the papercrafting idea. It helps me to think of other ways to use stampin.

Regina Mangum said...

Oooooh, your collage is gorgeous and your card is so lovely. What wonderful projects, M!

Carla said...

Oh Martha, both projects are awesome. Hydrangea's are my favorite and your collage is beautiful. Hugs,

Mike said...

Beautifully done Martha! Would have never thought to combine that paper and the Because I Care set but it goes beautifully.
Mike

Cards by Gina said...

Your projects are absolutely beautiful and you showed off the new colors and the new stamps so wonderfully! You always inspire me! I'm glad you're my Pal!