Welcome

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you find your visit here inspirational and helpful.

Please contact me if you have any questions.

Before you go, I'd love you to leave a comment. They are -

v the icing on my cake!

v the bling on my card!

v the "Diet" in my "Coke"!

Martha

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

May Pals Hop ~ Grads and Dads!

Welcome to the May Pals Hop. If you've hopped over from Kylie's Crafty Corner, I'm stop number 7 on this month's Pals Hop and I'm excited you've stopped by. This month the Stampin' Pretty Pals are spotlighting Father's Day and Graduation and all Stampin'Up! has to offer to celebrate these two very important occasions! Should you get lost a long the way, just click on any of the links in the Pals Hop Line-up below and you'll be back on track. We love hearing what you think of the projects so, please feel free to leave comments along the way!


Explosion Box


My first project is for Father's Day. It has a couple of names, Scrapbook in a Box, or Explosion Box. You can find a link to the tutorial below. I think this is a great gift for the dads; a scrapbox instead of a scrapbook. He can sit it on his desk, dresser, or shelf and take it out when he needs a family fix or to show his co-workers. It all closes back up to a neat 4" cube.

This project combines Earth Element Textured card stock with Autumn Traditions Designer Series paper. I know it's not fall but, I love using this paper! When open it has three layers to hold 4 pictures per layer; that's 12 pictures of your favorite family event, holiday, or compilation of children's pictures!



Happy Grad!

My second project is for graduation. With my youngest son a senior in high school this year I know this card pattern will be useful! This card is called a Trifold Card; opening up to a 4" by 12" card.

The graduation cap is made out of Stampin'Up!s Top Note Die! The cap idea is not mine but I don't know who came up with the idea. I did find the instructions for making this shape at Techno Stamper (see the link below). It is really easy; just cut your Top Note, turn it 90 degrees, center it, and cut the Top Note again. Voila! graduation cap!

This project uses colors for my son's school, Whisper White, Gold, and Handsome Hunter. The cap button is a 1" Circle punch and the tassels are tiny strips of the same colors. For the sentiment I used the new stamp, Happy Grad available in the Summer Mini catalog as a single stamp.

Well, that's it for me! I hope you enjoyed the projects and got some ideas for your own Father's Day and Graduation paper crafts. More inspiring ideas await you at the talented Mary Fish's Stampin' Pretty site, stop number 8. So hop on over and thanks for "hopping" by!

If you have any questions regarding my projects, don't hesitate to contact me!



God Bless,


Recipe:
Explosion Box:
Stamps: Teeny Tiny Wishes, All Holidays
Ink: Stazon Black ink
Paper: Really Rust, Garden Green Textured card stock, Soft Suede card stock, Autumn Traditions Designer Series paper
Misc: Medium Oval punch, Crimper, Hodgepodge Hardware, Photo Corner punch

Trifold Card:
Stamps: Happy Grad, Tiny Tags
Ink: Stazon Black ink
Paper: Whisper White 12x12, Brushed Gold, Handsome Hunter card stock
Misc: Top Note Die, Big Shot, 1" Circle punch, Photo Corner punch, White 1/4" Grosgrain ribbon, Medium Jewelry Tag punch

17 comments:

Stampin' Dymonz said...

In a word -- MAGNIFICENT! Beautiful projects.

Anonymous said...

Earth Elements are so appropriate for Dads. I usually don't use them much this time of year, but I think you just inspired me!

Joanna said...

Wow! I LOVE your Explosion Box! It is amazing! And your Grad card is adorable! Hugs, Joanna

Cards by Gina said...

Wow! Wow! Wow! Your projects are sensational! We might have chosen the same papers for our Father's Day cards, but you hit the ball out of the ballpark on your card! And your graduation card is one I think I will be CASEing. So glad you hopped along with us!

Carla said...

Your projects are so awesome, Martha. I love them equally. Thanks for sharing the links to the tutorials. Will have to try that box for sure. Hugs,

Kim Burmeister said...

Wow! These are fabulous! Great job!

Linda Callahan said...

Absolutely terrific Father's Day Box! You are so good at these 3D things! Also love the cap effect on your graduation card!

Regina Mangum said...

Martha, you amaze me! These are simply stunning. I will have to try both right away! XO

Anita said...

Cool projects! I like the grad cap idea.

Kim said...

Awesome creations Martha!! Really great ideas!!!

Linda H said...

Wow, both items were great! It's hard to say which I liked best, soooo...I like both equally! Thanks for sharing the links to both of these great items!

Ann Schach said...

Wow! Awesome projects, Martha! I love them both!

Mike Funke said...

OMG!!! These projects are awesome! I loved the picture box! That's MY kind of scrapbooking page! And the Grad projects is pure class! Nicely done!

Mike

Sonia said...

Awesome Projects, very inspirational
GREAT Job!!
Thanks for sharing the links

**Sony**
Sonia-Studio60

Mary Fish said...

"Exploding" with clever . . . that's my Martha. I'm proud you nailed down that graduation cap, too! Hugs, M

Kris Kilcoyne said...

Fantastic projects!

Peggy Abram said...

Love this idea!!!!