Welcome

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you find your visit here inspirational and helpful.

Please contact me if you have any questions.

Before you go, I'd love you to leave a comment. They are -

v the icing on my cake!

v the bling on my card!

v the "Diet" in my "Coke"!

Martha

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Picnic Parade for SCS Wednesday Sketch Challenge


This project almost didn't make it here. It's one of those projects I just couldn't get right. But, my son, George, came out and raved over it (kids are so biased!). So in honor of George I'm posting this card.

I love these little animals in Stampin'Up!s Picnic Parade and have wanted to try it since I got the set. They remind of the characters in Richard Scarry books. This set is available only as a Hostess reward through March 31 so get it while it's still available!

To create the oval frame, I used the inside oval from the Oval Scallop Frame die to mask the center and sponged Certainly Celery, Bashful Blue, and a tiny amount of Barely Banana around it.
On the inside I stamped the images in Stazon Black ink and colored them using Earth Element spots and my Blender Pens. I also used a Sponge Dauber to sponge a bit more Bashful Blue and Sahara Sand into the center.
I put my own phrase on the flag and mounted it onto of a piece of Flock Together Designer Series paper, Sahara Sand Card stock and a Whisper White card base.

Don't forget to take advantage of the FREE items during Sale-a-bration which ends March 31. For every $50 in Stampin'Up! Merchandise you will receive a FREE item from the Sale-a-bration catalog. Contact me for more information or shop on-line at my Stampin'Up! website!
God Bless,

Recipe:
Stamps: Picnic Parade (118541)
Ink: Stazon Black(101406), Bashful Blue (105209), Certainly Celery(105217), Barely Banana(101170), Saraha Sand(105298) ink, Not Quite Navy, Summer Sun, Cameo Coral, Garden Green, Close to Cocoa, Sahara Sand, Ruby Red Ink Spots(105551)
Paper: Whisper White(100730), Sahara Sand(105328), Flock Together Designer Series paper(114018)
Misc: 3/16" Corner Rounder (109047), 1 1/4" Circle punch (104403), Stamping Sponges (101610), Sponge Daubers (102892), Blender Pens(102845), Scallop Oval Frame Die (114521)



3 comments:

Shaun said...

I'm with George. I think this card is adorable.

Linda Callahan said...

And George has good taste - listen to that kid!

Carla said...

Beautiful!!! Hugs,