Welcome

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you find your visit here inspirational and helpful.

Please contact me if you have any questions.

Before you go, I'd love you to leave a comment. They are -

v the icing on my cake!

v the bling on my card!

v the "Diet" in my "Coke"!

Martha

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Sale-a-bration's Whimsical Words for PPA25

Today's project was created for the Pals Paper Arts Inspiration challenge this week. With Valentine's Day coming who wouldn't be inspired by this decadent piece of chocolate. I mean, really!

The card starts with a Very Vanilla base card 4 1/4"x 5 1/2". Every layer has a piece of Chocolate Chip card stock under it; I'm getting hungry just writing this. Have you ever noticed how many names of Stampin'Up! colors are names of food?? I'm digressing -

The Real Red Layers were dry embossed with one of the Background Texture plates and the Big Shot. I then inked on VersaMark trying to keep as much off the card and on the raised texture as possible. I then embossed it with Clear Embossing powder. It gives it an interesting look, kind of like the shimmer on the chocolate.

The scallop was cut with the Scallop Circle #2 die. I just got it and I LOVE it!
The circle is a 3" circle cut with the Circle Scissor Plus. I have to say the more I use this tool, the more I like it. It frustrated me in the beginning but, I trust the products Stampin'Up! puts in their catalogs. Now, I can cut a quick, clean circle.

The sentiment is from the Whimsical Words Clear Mount stamp set in the Sale-a-bration catalog. It is also embossed with Clear Embossing powder over Chocolate Chip ink. I then punched it out with the Full Heart Punch. Perfect fit!

The final embellishments are the two 1/4" Sending Love Chocolate Chip brads. I love these new brads.

I hope you enjoyed today's project. Make sure to check out the other projects on the PPA website. If you want to recreate this card see the recipe below and if you need Stampin'Up! supplies contact me or you can order on-line. Remember with every $50 you spend you receive a free item out of the Sale-a-bration catalog.

God Bless,

Recipe:
Stamps: Whimsical Words (Sale-a-bration 119119)
Ink: Chocolate Chip (#100908), VersaMark( #102283)
Paper: Very Vanilla (#101650), Real Red (#102482), Chocolate (#102128), Sending Love Specialty paper (#117153)
Misc: 1/4" Chocolate Chip Sending Love Epoxy brads (#117272), Full Heart punch (#113693), Clear Stampin' Emboss powder (#109130), Circle Scissor Plus (#112530), Glass Mat (#112531), Background 1 Texturz Plates (#114512), Scallop Circle #2 (#113469)

13 comments:

Patti MacLeith said...

Haha, I loved how most of us used Chocolate Chip to make a card inspired by a piece of chocolate! I love the texture and polish on your creation. Thanks for playing, Martha!

Jenn said...

BEAUTIFUL card! The chocolate looks delicious! :) Thanks for posting your blog on Stampin' Connection. Can't wait to visit again.

Kris Kilcoyne said...

Hey!! I just saw this card over on SCS!!

Beautiful inspired card.

Ann Schach said...

Martha, I love the embossing! WOW! Absolutely stunning and inspiring! Great take on the inspiration photo, too. Thanks for playing, PAL!

Linda Callahan said...

Love that clear embossing! Very pretty card!

Cards by Gina said...

Ooh! Such a pretty card, Martha! I love clear embossing so much and the scallop circle is beautiful too.

Carla said...

Very very pretty, love that embossing too. Hugs,

Mary Fish said...

The embossing is so classy. My favorite part is the scalloped circle. Great take on the candy inspiration. Hugs, M

Nancy K said...

This is so pretty. I love the embossed embossing!

Pals Paper Arts said...

Winderful take on the challenge - so glad you play @PPA!

Margaret Moody said...

Beautiful card, Martha! I love the embossing on the red paired with the pretty DSP! Love how the brads echo the flowers in the paper print, too! Great job with the challenge!

Lourdes Torres said...

Hi Martha! So very nice card.

Anonymous said...

I want to thank the blogger very much not only for this post but also for his all previous efforts. I found www.seasonsofstamping.com to be extremely interesting. I will be coming back to www.seasonsofstamping.com for more information.