Welcome

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you find your visit here inspirational and helpful.

Please contact me if you have any questions.

Before you go, I'd love you to leave a comment. They are -

v the icing on my cake!

v the bling on my card!

v the "Diet" in my "Coke"!

Martha

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Decor Element Sheets & the Big Shot

Chaos is still running rampant at our home with remodeling dust. I just can't bring myself to stamp until I clean off all the dust. The project I'm sharing today is one I did with my eldest daughter. We took her laptop and decorated it using the Big Shot and Stampin'Up!s wonderful Decor Element Sheets.


This was my first attempt at making my own Decor Elements. The directions were pretty clear. We practiced on a small piece to make sure we knew what we were doing. After that, the hardest part was deciding where to place the daisies.
  • Using Daisies #2 die and the Big Shot cut a set of daisies out of Certainly Celery and Bashful Blue Decor Element Sheets. Using the Serif Essentials dies cut your initials out of Chocolate Chip Decor Element Sheets. HINT: To get your letters in the correct direction place the Decor Element Sheets face down on top of the die. A 2 1/2"x 2 1/2" square fits over each Serif Essential letter.
  • Cut a piece of the transfer sheet to fit the daisy. The transfer paper comes with the Decor Element Sheets. One side has a grid the other side has the transfer paper.
  • Pull the grid side off the transfer paper.
  • Place the daisy piece face down on the transfer sheet. Put the grid backing paper over it and using the Applicator Tool rub over the grid to make sure the piece is attached to the transfer sheet.
  • Remove the backing from the daisy and place the daisy where desired
  • Using the Applicator Tool rub over the transfer paper to attach the daisy to your surface. Peel off the transfer paper.
  • It really is that easy!
If you would like to create your own Decor Elements, see the recipe below. You can order on-line at my Stampin'Up! website 24/7 or contact me and I'll place it for you.

Make sure you check out all the new products in the Occasions Mini catalog, Sale-a-bration, and Definitely Decorative catalogs to the right.


God Bless,
Shop My Stampin'Up! Website 24/7! It's Just a Click Away!

Recipe:
Misc: Big Shot, Daisies #2 Die, Serif Essentials Dies, Certainly Celery, Bashful Blue, and Chocolate Chip Decor Element Sheets, Applicator Tool

3 comments:

Ann Schach said...

Very cute, Martha! I bet your daughter loves it!

Patti MacLeith said...

I should try this! Thanks for the inspiration!

Carla said...

I love this... awesome idea and it turned out beautifully. Hugs,