Welcome

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you find your visit here inspirational and helpful.

Please contact me if you have any questions.

Before you go, I'd love you to leave a comment. They are -

v the icing on my cake!

v the bling on my card!

v the "Diet" in my "Coke"!

Martha

Thursday, November 19, 2009

The Big Shot Pilgrims Have Landed!!

Oh My Goodness ~ These are too stinkin' cute! I know, I know, she looks like a he and not very feminine but, I love her!! The inspiration for the Pilgrims came from Tammy over at Dream, Create, and Share. You will find the tutorial for the male pilgrim there. The lunch bag project came from Adriana over at Escape 2 Stamp. The project details are in my Wrapping 101 PDF.


This is a Big Shot Top Note and Stampin'Up! punch project! These Pilgrim crafts would be great as decorations, or projects for the craft-abled youngsters.

For the female, (maybe I should name her) the only changes from the male Pilgrim were the hat, hair, and collar.
  • The hat is a 4 1/4" square piece of Whisper White with a 4 5/8" diameter circle cut out of the bottom of the square. I cut the top of the hat down about 3/4"
  • The hair is 1/2 of a Chocolate Chip and Whisper White top note cut sideways and then cut in half length ways. The Chocolate Chip is layered over the Whisper White showing just a bit of white around her hair. There is also a 3/4"x 4" strip of chocolate chip under the hat which I cut to make bangs.
  • The collar is 3/4"x 4 1/4" strip of Whisper White with a triangle cut out of the middle (I used the 1 3/8" square punch) layered over a 1"x 4 1/2" strip of black. It also has a triangle cut out of the middle.
Each pilgrim is layered on a piece of 5 7/8"x 4 7/8" piece of Autumn Traditions Designer Series paper over a 6"x5" piece of Basic Black card stock. This was then mounted on a paper lunch bag that was cut down to 7 1/2" and scalloped using the Scallop Edge punch.

I bet Indians would be cute too!!

Enjoy, and contact me if you have any questions or need supplies to create these cute Pilgrims!

God Bless,


Recipe:
Ink: Creamy Caramel, Crushed Curry, Black Stampin' Write marker, Uni-ball Signo White Gel Pen
Paper: Basic Black, Whisper White, Chocolate Chip, Blush Blossom, Crushed Curry, Always Artichoke, Brocade Blue card stock, Autumn Series Designer Series paper
Misc: Curly Label punch, Scallop Edge punch, 1" Circle punch, 3/4" Circle punch, Round Tab punch, 1/2" Circle punch, 1 3/8" Square punch, Top Note Die, Big Shot, Slot punch, Sponge Daubers, SNAIL, Sticky Strip

8 comments:

Kris Kilcoyne said...

You are going to have such a festive Thanksgiving this year.

All of your turkey day projects have been top notch.

Martha said...

I will try and redo Mrs. Pilgrim's face next week. My family all says she looks like a guy, which is true.

Christa said...

These are totally awesome! I've seen the Halloween ones before, but nothing like this! Please, please consider doing some Indians. My kids are going to LOVE making these. :)

As for the lady looking manly ... I really doubt a lot of the Pilgrim women were as beautiful as we imagine them to be. They had hard lives, and in the society they lived in, productivity and proficiency were much more valued than beauty. This might be a pretty accurate picture. ;)

Carla said...

Martha they are so wonderful, just give her a little blush... they are perfect!!! Hugs,

Linda Callahan said...

I think Prudence had a tough life so she wouldn't be a delicate beauty - I'm with Carla - give her a little blush and call it a day! These are great - made me smile :)

Bematrish said...

I made the Halloween Frankenstein into a witch.... I added eyelashes to the half circle eyelids by drawing them on... I also gave her rosy cheeks...it helped to make her more feminine... these are darling ... am going to make them for my grandchildren... Thanks for the ideas.

Mary Fish said...

These are so fun . . . love what you did with the Top Note. Hugs, Mary

Anonymous said...

Tee hee! Awesome! (And have you seen pics of females from a couple hundred years ago?! Many look very masculine! Her expression says "I just wish he'd bathe....." lol)