Welcome

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you find your visit here inspirational and helpful.

Please contact me if you have any questions.

Before you go, I'd love you to leave a comment. They are -

v the icing on my cake!

v the bling on my card!

v the "Diet" in my "Coke"!

Martha

Monday, September 14, 2009

Stampin'Up! Thoroughly Modern ~ Wedding

I wish I knew someone getting married. I so enjoyed putting this card together. I combined two challenges today when I created this card, Mojo Monday and Clean & Simple challenge at Splitcoast Stampers.


Participating in challenges is a great way to improve your skills. You don't need to be a demonstrator to join any of the challenges that I participate in. You just need to be able to take a picture, put it on your computer, and access the internet. Most of us can do that these days with all the digital cameras and software. If you'd like to try a challenge and need some help or encouragement, contact me. I'll be happy to walk you through it.

For this card I combined Thoroughly Moders DSP, Bermuda Breeze, Sahara Sand, Whisper White, and Vellum. I like the look of the vellum. The ink bled a bit but I used Classic ink and Craft ink might have worked better.
HINT: When I cut the flowers I put a shim under the die. I had had trouble getting the daisies cut all the way through. This solved my problem. The shims come with some of the dies and with the Crease pads.

If you would like to recreate this card see the recipe below. If you need supplies, contact me or order on-line, I'm happy to help.



God Bless,

Recipe:
Stamps: Teeny Tiny Wishes
Ink: Chocolate Chip
Paper: Thoroughly Modern DSP, Whisper White card stock, Bermuda Breeze Textured card stock, Sahara Sand card stock, and Vellum
Misc: BigZ Daisies 2, Pretties Kit, Tombow, Stampin' Dimensionals, Dotto

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now thats really pretty! what are the flowers made from? they look soooo pretty! I have been trying to make my own flowers and I have used lots of different household items including plastic milk bottles :0)

Martha said...

The flowers were made using the BigZ Daisies 2 Die, Sahara Sand card stock, and Vellum card stock. I only used the middle and small sized flowers and layered them three deep.

The Other Patti Sue said...

Very pretty! Great take on the sketch!

Patti MacLeith said...

Love how you created your "circles!"

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful, Martha! I love it!

kay said...

Great Idea to use Vellum for the flowers! It came out soft and elegant! Thanks for sharing!

Steph said...

Beautiful card. I love the vellum flowers.

RedCat said...

Wow! That's a beautiful card. Never thought of using vellum like that. Thanks for the inspiration.

Cards by Gina said...

So pretty! I love it!

Linda Callahan said...

Margaret this is beautiful - so classy and elegant!

Dori Shelton said...

What a beautiful card. I love the simple colors and the flowers are great.

Carla said...

So beautiful... love those flowers and the colors. Terrific!!

Sue Lelli said...

Love the flowers with that background paper and the vellum is a perfect accent!

LeAnne said...

Gorgeous! I just used this die the other day, but forgot how cool they are when cut from vellum!

Crystal O'Neal said...

Very pretty! Neat idea with the vellum....thanks for sharing!

Andrea M said...

This is an absolutely beautiful card - stunning! Lucky is the couple who receive this on their wedding day :) I love it - colors, flowers, everything!! Great tip about the vellum - I love it too so I will bear that in mind if I decide to use a punch.

Leanne said...

Love the vellum flowers.