Welcome

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you find your visit here inspirational and helpful.

Please contact me if you have any questions.

Before you go, I'd love you to leave a comment. They are -

v the icing on my cake!

v the bling on my card!

v the "Diet" in my "Coke"!

Martha

Friday, August 21, 2009

Up! Up! and Away!

The Holiday Mini catalog has a cute stamp set with a hot air balloon, Sweet Centers, that fits under the new Sweet Treat Cups. I love the hot air balloon idea and made my own for this card. The layout came from the Holiday Mini catalog and was created for the Splitcoast Color and Ways to Use It Challenges. You know how I love a challenge! The Color Challenge for this week was Close to Cocoa, Taken With Teal, and Very Vanilla. It made a beautiful combination. The Ways to Use it challenge was to use something "Warm and Fuzzy". I used Linen Thread for my warm, fuzzy item.

The balloon is cut using the 1 3/4" circle punch. The small circles were punched from Circle Circus images and a 1/2" circle punch. I used Linen Thread to make the ropes and the tie on the card edge. This thread is so nice to work with! The sentiment is from the new set, Hope Happens.

See the recipe below to recreate this card and if you need supplies, please contact me.

God Bless,


Shop Stampin'Up! 24/7! It's Just a Click Away!

Recipe: Stamps: Hope Happens (#113722), Circle Circus (#115778)
Ink: Taken With Teal Stampin' Write Marker (#100068)
Paper:
Close To Cocoa (#101341), Taken With Teal (#101584), Very Vanilla (#101650)

Misc:
Gold brads (#104337), Linen Thread (#104199), 1 3/4" circle punch (#112004), 1/2" circle punch (#104390), Scallop Edge punch (#112091). Dotto (#103305), Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430)

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Had to rush over from SCS to comment on this card. I LOVE the original idea you have used. Stunning card.

Julie Ranae said...

Really cute card! Came by way of SCS. Hope you will stop by The Open Window...lots going on so please say hello!

Anonymous said...

VERY cute - love how you made the balloon. Definitely going to CASE this!! TFS!