Welcome

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you find your visit here inspirational and helpful.

Please contact me if you have any questions.

Before you go, I'd love you to leave a comment. They are -

v the icing on my cake!

v the bling on my card!

v the "Diet" in my "Coke"!

Martha

Friday, August 21, 2009

Hope Happens: Mojo Friday & Limited Supplies Challenge

My college students are almost where they are suppose to be for the year! whew!! I haven't created much this week and had a couple hours all my own!! This card combined 2 challenges, MojoFriday (Mojo Monday turns 100 this week! so they are posting a different challenge daily, check it out) and Splitcoast Friday Challenge ~ Limited Supplies (this week was to make a masculine card, ie no bling, ribbon, or flowers).

I chose my card to surround a sentiment from the stamp set Hope Happens ~ "It Takes Courage to grow up and become who you really are" . Do I hear an AMEN!! Boy does this sentiment speak to all ages. This specific card is headed to a young man who just left for college; first time away from home; and I'm sure it will be an adjustment. My encouragement to him is to be who he was created to be and find contentment in that. Gosh, aren't we all guilty of not being true to who we are though. I know I am. There are a couple of demonstrators I really admire and respect and find myself thinking, if I could just be like..... Well, I am only a poor imitation of these other demos but definately a One Of A Kind if I'm ME! Enough of Martha's philosophy, but I just love this sentiment!

To create this card see the recipe below and if you need Stampin'Up! supplies contact me or order on-line. Also remember you have 10 days left to sign up as a Stampin'Up! demonstrator for just $85. This really is an awesome opportunity!! I'd love to talk to you about joining my team.
God Bless,


Recipe:
Stamps: Hope Happens (#113722)
Ink: Ruby Red Stampin' Write marker (#100075)
Paper: Soft Suede textured card stock(#115538), Crushed Curry Textured card stock (#1145538), Ruby Red (#102030), The Write Stuff Specialty paper (#115674)
Misc: Clips (#112580), Linen Thread (#104199), 1 3/4" circle punch (#112004), Stampin' Dimensionals (# 104430), Dotto (#103305), Stampin'Up! Little Leaves sizzlit (#114511)


4 comments:

Lisa Foster said...

I really LOVE this! Very unique and creative! Well done!

Jacqueline (Scraps of Life) said...

Your card turned out great! I love that quote, too. :D

Tiffany said...

This is beautiful Martha! Love the clip. That is one of my favorite accessories.

Carla said...

So beautiful. Love those colors and how you put them all together. Fabulous. *smile*