Welcome

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you find your visit here inspirational and helpful.

Please contact me if you have any questions.

Before you go, I'd love you to leave a comment. They are -

v the icing on my cake!

v the bling on my card!

v the "Diet" in my "Coke"!

Martha

Thursday, July 30, 2009

PALs Paper Arts Inaugural Challenge!


Here is the inaugural challenge of PPA, PALs Paper Arts! This week's challenge is a color challenge and boasts two of the new In Colors, Melon Mambo and Bermuda Bay. I wonder if the water in Bermuda is this color? That would be cool!

I used the stamp set Baroque Motifs along with my favorite tool the Stamp-a-ma-jig. I love the bold, crisp images this set gives.

I rounded the corners opposite each other using the Corner Rounder punch. I've seen this look in a number of places and I really like it! I also paper pierced the top right corner which is very easy to do with Stampin'Up!s Mat Pack. My phrase is set in an Oval Holder from the Styled Silver Hodgepodge Hardware.

HINT: I used Stampin' Dimensionals to raise the Oval Holder. The Stampin' Dimensional sheets always have partial pieces along the edges. I always cut these up as well and use them. My Stampin' Dimensionals last a long time!

Play along with this challenge! Create a card using these three colors, take a picture of it. Post it on your Splitcoast Stampers gallery (here's the link to join Splitcoast) or post it on your blog. Go to PPA and there you will find Mr. Linky where you can post a link to your picture! Easy as pie?! Contact me if you need help with any of this.I hope you enjoy this challenge. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact me.

God Bless,


Recipe:
Stamps: Baroque Motifs (#113490)
Ink: Chocolate Chip (#100908), Bermuda Bay (#115655), Shisper White (#101731)
Paper: Chocolate Chip (#108697), Bermuda Bay (#115538), Melon Mambo (#115538)Textured Card Stock, Whisper White card stock (#100730)
Misc: Styled Silver Hodgepodge Hardware (111325), Corner Rounder punch (#109047), Mat Pack(#105826), Stamp-a-ma-jig (#101049), Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430), SNAIL (#104332)

11 comments:

Ann Schach said...

Great card, Martha! Thanks for playing at PPA!

Stampin' Diva said...

Martha. Love the clean look of this card. Very much. Great job!!!

Kim said...

Clean and simple - very pretty card Martha!

Gina Shaw said...

So lovely, Martha! I love the rounded corners with the square corners.

Denise said...

This is simple and wonderful -- all the right touches with lots of sophistication. Great job, Martha!

Patti MacLeith said...

Very nice job! I love this stamp set--it's a KEEPER!

Linda Callahan said...

I love the here and there rounded corners.

Carla said...

Love how you used the stamp set on your card. I so love this look. Hugs,

Margaret Moody said...

Very pretty card, Martha! Great job with the challenge colors!

Pals Paper Arts said...

Those rounded edges along with the simple, yet bold stamped images make this card a hit!

On behalf of the Pals Paper Arts design team, thank you for Playing @ the PPA!

Terri Trotter Earley said...

Simple and sleek. I love your bold colors and stamps. Great job with the PPA color challenge.

It's a good life!
Terri E.