Welcome

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you find your visit here inspirational and helpful.

Please contact me if you have any questions.

Before you go, I'd love you to leave a comment. They are -

v the icing on my cake!

v the bling on my card!

v the "Diet" in my "Coke"!

Martha

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Circle Circus Purses

The colors for the Tuesday Color Challenge #229 at Splitcoast were Certainly Celery, Pixie Pink, and Apricot Appeal. These colors may sound easy but was a bit more difficult than I thought. All the colors are very bold colors and easily overpowering. The samples people came up with were really amazing.
I had a lot of fun creating mine once I determined how much of each color should be on the card.

HINT:
A good rule of thumb is after your main color, your second color should be no more than 1/2 as much as your main color, and the 3rd color should be no more than 1/2 as much as the 2nd color, and so on. Hope that makes sense.

Inspiration for this card came from Jacquelyn Pederson's (aka jeddibamps) card at Splitcoast. These are purses I could see myself carrying down here in Florida! I love the purse pattern created from Circle Circus stamp set, another one of my all time favorites!

Purse Instructions:

  • The purse was made with a 1 3/8" circle punch and Circle Circus stamp set
  • The latch was a piece of the Eyelet Border punch and a Vintage Brad
  • The handle was created by first punching an oval hole in a piece of card stock using the Large Oval punch and then punching an oval frame around the oval hole using the Scallop Oval punch.

God Bless,


Recipe: Stamps: Circle Circus (#115778), Oval All (#113790) Ink: Pixie Pink (#105212), Certainly Celery (#105217), Apricot Appeal (#105218) Paper:Certainly Celery (#105125), Pixie Pink (#105121), Close to Cocoa (#101341) Misc: Vintage Brads (#109109), 1 3/8" Circle punch (#104401), Large Oval punch (#107305), Scallop Oval punch (#114889), Eyelet Border punch (#113692), Texturz Plates Backgrounds 1 (#114512), Corner Rounder punch (#109047), Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430), SNAIL (#104332)

13 comments:

Anita said...

Saw this on Splitcoast and had to check out your blog to see the details. These purses are so cute! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Martha,
Hello, I had to check out your blog, loved your purse card. I appreciate seeing simple cards that pack a punch, and your card does exactly that! I know I will enjoy visiting often.
I check Splitcoasters daily and will be watching for more of your creations
Sandy, Bettendorf, Iowa

Chris said...

Love this card. Subscribed to your blog. Keep up the great work.

Chris

Tiffany said...

How adorable Martha! You are so clever.

Terry said...

Martha...I too love Circle Circus.
Thank you for this great card....have a couple of purse diva friends who have birthdays coming up - perfect card for them!!!

Melissa Punt said...

Well now i can say i know 2 Martha Stewart's! Seen your card on SCS and it's super cute! Love the creativity!

Sioux Center IA

Nicole Kruse said...

i saw this card on splitcoast and had to come check out the details. love the purse idea! thanks for sharing.

LeAnne said...

Adorable! I would love to CASE this for my next stamp club--my girls would love it--if I may?! Very creative use of several products!

Kris Kilcoyne said...

Cute, cute, cute!!

I've seen little purses like this but never in this shape.

LOVE IT!

Melissa said...

OMG! I love those! Being a purse addict, this is right up my alley!

Veronica said...

Had to stop by your blog after seeing those purses--awesome!

Patti MacLeith said...

Martha, I was browsing the Splitcoast Gallery of recently uploaded cards last night and I usually click on the ones that look interesting and I found this card! Yeah! I love it! Great job. I will be CASEing this soon!

Carla said...

I love the purses. How cute!!! I would of never thought to use circle circus like this. Great job.