Welcome

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you find your visit here inspirational and helpful.

Please contact me if you have any questions.

Before you go, I'd love you to leave a comment. They are -

v the icing on my cake!

v the bling on my card!

v the "Diet" in my "Coke"!

Martha

Monday, July 20, 2009

Stampin'Up! Defines Your Life




This is a birthday card for my soon-to-be 19 year old son combined with the Mojo Monday sketch challenge. A 19 year old young man deserves a manly card and the To The Nines Specialty Paper fit the bill. The paper is heavy and textured and it coordinates with Always Artichoke, Sahara Sand, Chocolate Chip, and Sage Shadow'

My 19 year old also marches to a different drummer and so the phrase "Unique" came to mind from the Define Your Life stamp set.

My one disappointment with the card was my brad placement using the Jumbo brads. So what do you do with crooked brads? Cover them up with something. I took a small piece of the ribbon I used (last holiday's Alpine ribbon) cut along the long edge, pulled the fibers apart and tied it in a knot. What do you think?



If you'd like to get your hands on some of this Specialty paper or stamp set order on-line from my website or contact me.



Recipe:

Stamps: Define Your Life (#114950), One of a Kind (#113624)

Ink: Always Artichoke (#105219)

Paper: To The Nines (#114038), Always Artichoke (#105119), Sahara Sand (#105328), Whisper White (#100730)

Misc: Jumbo Brads (108432), Alpine Ribbon, Sticky Strip (#104294), Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430)










5 comments:

Carla said...

Martha, I love your card, everything about it. Hugs,

Donna said...

Nice masculine card, Martha. I feel your pain about the brads - I can't line mine up either!!

Tiffany said...

Gorgeous Martha! Very elegant.

Have a great day!

Ann Schach said...

Very nice, Martha! I have trouble lining up the brads even when I measure! You know what, most people probably would not even notice!

Patti MacLeith said...

It is so hard to line up brads! I love how you turned the "mistake" into something creative! Well done!