Welcome

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you find your visit here inspirational and helpful.

Please contact me if you have any questions.

Before you go, I'd love you to leave a comment. They are -

v the icing on my cake!

v the bling on my card!

v the "Diet" in my "Coke"!

Martha

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Virtual Kids' Crafts: Father's Day Corner Book Mark - Week 2



This week we are going to make a Father's Day gift and card. If your dad likes to read this is a great gift for him, a corner book mark. This is an easy addition to any card you send and it really is a great book mark.


Cut a square of card stock 4"x4". Score it in half on each side. You now have 4 squares.

Cut one square out.

Fold side pieces to the center and secure with adhesive. Your square will open to fit perfectly onto the corner of a book.

Now it is time to decorate your square! Any embelishments that are stiff like brads, buttons, etc may wear the book so it is best to make your design 2 dimensional. I created a golf book mark for Father's Day. I used the Big Shot Texture plates with the small dots and punched out a 1 inch circle making a PERFECT golf ball.

I used the Stamp Set, "And Many Mower" from the Occasions Catalog that is available through the end of this month. It is a fun set for the males in our lives! The sayings fit perfectly in the small oval punch. Remember shipping is FREE through the end of June!

Now it is your turn! Have fun with this project. It makes a great bookmark that stays put in the book. He'll love it!

God Bless,
Martha

Recipe for Corner Book Mark
Stamps: And Many Mower
Ink: Black Classic Ink
Paper: Whisper White, Certainly Cerely
Misc: Texture Plates, Big Shot, 1 1/4" Circle punch, Small Oval punch, Stampin' Dimensionals

1 comments:

Edee said...

Beautiful website, Martha! I love all the wrapping 101 stuff...and boy could I use that! I have signed up for your newsletter and look forward to seeing more of your wonderful creations! Smiles, Edith :)